Shh...want to know a secret?

Okay, it's not really a secret...but did you know that there were more "Apocalypses" written?

In the Apocalypse of Peter (not in the Bible) Jesus reveals to Peter that ALL souls will be freed from Hell. But Peter must keep this a secret, of course, or the sinners will sin without caring...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:41 PM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• The Bible says not to add or take away from it.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 1:43 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• The bible is bogus.
    Anonymous

• How could the Bible say that, timeless, when the Bible is just a collection of texts and stories that were put together by man?
    Which text says not to add or take away from it? Whichever one it is is limited to itself.
    Anonymous

• The bible that we read today was edited and put together by MEN in (I think) the 12th century.
    There is a lot more to the story than we are taught in Sunday school.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 1:49 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Has anyone else seen "Banned from the Bible" on the History Channel? It's FACT that there are other gospels that never made the cut, and some of them are rather contradictory to the message the bible sends.

Blind faith... gotta love it.

Hey, guys, Jesus needs your money! Here's my address... :p
    Anonymous

• Answered at 12:54 PM on Apr. 23, 2009 by: Anonymous
    Has anyone else seen "Banned from the Bible" on the History Channel? It's FACT that there are other gospels that never made the cut, and some of them are rather contradictory to the message the bible sends.
    **

Yup, that's what got my research into the gnostic books going. It's wonderful stuff. None of it actually contradicts the bible, though. Well, no more than the bible contradicts itself.

Which is why my faith is in the LORD and not the BOOK.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 2:03 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Did you just make this up or did you get it from somewhere?
    i have to admit it is an interesting thought.
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 2:04 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Mo, read the question again. Where I "got it" is listed there. Feel free to do your own research. :)
    Anonymous

• Either way that is an interesting ideal... The only way I see fault in it. Would be if someone who angered God all their lives and chose the devil over God knowingly of what they were doing. I know God is a loving and forgiving God, but he made his laws for a reason. The thought of we are just following his laws for nothing and could of went to heaven anyways.. Well I cannot say it would upset me, but I would definitely want to know what the point was.

mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 2:17 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• On the same note... It would be the best way for God to show the devil who is always in control. I could only imagine how angry the devil would feel if all his work to make us damn ourselves was for nothing!!! All the lieing, and tempting for what? So he can still be alone rotting in hell!

mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 2:23 PM on Apr. 23, 2009