Has anyone used herbs to increase milk supply?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:45 PM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I've tried Fenugreek... which helped for a while for me. Then I've tried More Milk Plus which has a few different herbs in it and it worked better for me but made my stomach a little upset because you are supposed to take it on an empty stomach.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 1:52 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Yep fenugreek. It works goodl 3 pills 3 times day. I am now using mothers lactoflow. Its only online but works great!
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 1:53 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• there's yogi tea for nursing moms which I like, it hasw fenugreek, anise and a few others recomended for nursing moms
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 3:19 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• my mother used hops and barley, as in she drank a beer. It was recommended to her by my aunt who was a nurse. She did it with my brother.. I cant say if it hurt him or if it didnt. But it did work for her
    HunnysFarAway

Answer by HunnysFarAway at 4:39 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I didn't have much luck with the herbal supplements while I was breastfeeding. It will work for some and not for others, however don't get discouraged. I was fortunate to have a staff of lactation consultants at the hospital where I gave birth. They were fantastic in helping me try to boost production (unfortunately my milk never fully arrived) and were great with the information. You may want to check out www.lowmilksupply.org it was suggested to me by my consultant as a place to start getting information.
    JenAndCian

Answer by JenAndCian at 4:59 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• The lactation consultant I spoke with today recommended Fennel, Fenugreek, and mothers milk tea...she also said one beer might help but too much alcohol can hinder the let down reflex. I have been looking for something to help me get through my daughter's growth spurt and haven't tried these yet, but they're worth a shot and I'm going to a natural remedy store tomorrow to pick something up.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 7:22 PM on Apr. 23, 2009