Is period like cramping and back pain a sign of labor?

Also I've been having shooting pains that start below my belly button and work there way down. Having some contractions, but none are close together. Also, I think I may have lost my mucus plug, but I'm not sure if it was that or thick discharge. It was white, thick and mucus looking. I lost a pretty big thick piece three days ago and another smaller piece that looked the same the next day. Could any of this mean labor is nearing? I should mention my daughter dropped about 2 weeks ago, not sure if that makes a difference. And I don't know if I'm dilated or effaced, because I haven't been checked, since I was 33 weeks and 6 days, and I wasn't at that time. So any answers would help, thank you! =] Also idk if this helps or not but I was in the hospital at 33 weeks and 6 days for preterm contractions, which they gave me a shot to stop. Since then I haven't had any contractions that were right on top of eachother.

Mommy2Serenity

Asked by Mommy2Serenity at 1:53 PM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes, I would say that you are in "pre-labor". I did what you are describing for two days. Two days seems like two years when you are eight days overdue, so I know you are anxious to know! It probably does mean labor is fast approaching! If they get worse, occasionally time them. I didn't realize it was fully for real until I was actually HURTING and then I was like "oh...so it's not going away this time!" Good luck, and healthy baby!
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 2:18 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Sounds like it's getting close. I don't know if it's immenent, but if you're not term yet then you should call your doctor. If you are term, let it rock! :p Good luck!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:56 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I agree with the above post. If you're at term, then I think it's starting, if you are early, call your Dr immediately! Good luck!
    4kidsandadog

Answer by 4kidsandadog at 1:59 PM on Apr. 23, 2009