Really gross first timer question, but I'd like some advice or answers from ppl who hv had the same problem. I've had diarrhea now for 4 days, I'm 20 weeks pregnant, I am drinking more water for rehydration, but is this somewhat of a common pregnancy thing? Is my baby okay? Obviously, this is our first pregnancy.

Physically sick and 20 weeks pregnant. Is my baby okay? Is this somewhat normal for pregnancies?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:07 PM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• the baby is fine, its either your constipated or have diarrhea. dont stress bout it, but tell your doctor about it when you go because he may be able to give you something for it. goodluck!
    Tracey1988

Answer by Tracey1988 at 2:10 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• My BMs were never normal during my pregnancy. Don't drink til you vomit, but you do want to have more water going in than normal. Just be sure to eat a balanced diet, and know where the bathrooms are when you go out! It will pass when you have the baby.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:16 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I feel your pain! I'm 34.5 weeks pregnant and have had the runs and vomitting several times a day for 5 weeks now. Make sure to drink LOTS of fluids to stay hydrated. If you vomit, switch back to fluids and wait about an hour and try eating something light again (this is from a nurse who was at the hospital when i was admitted.) It's VERY important to make sure you get your fluids. Gatorade, Pedialyte, etc. I've been in the hospital 4 times for dehydration because of this. Also, fyi: dehydration WILL cause contractions...........not labor, but real full blown contractions. Found that out last friday when I was headed to the hospital via ambulance. Talk to your dr about this and see what they recommend.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 2:20 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• if you've had it for 3 days or more you need to call your dr,
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 2:26 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• It can be normal. I was just at the dr w/ my son yesterday b/c he's had it for a week now. Dr just said there is a lot going around. He said to drink things like pedalite or gatoraid to help prevent dehydration. That can be really rough when you are pregnant. If you think you might be getting dehydrated contact your dr asap as they may need you to come in for an iv drip. I've had that both this pregnancy and last.
    jombmomi

Answer by jombmomi at 3:07 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I am about 21 weeks along and in the medical field. I have been going to the bathroom more often since getting pregnant mainly because of high fiber intake, it can and will induce more frequent bathroom visits.
    coco.beaner.77

Answer by coco.beaner.77 at 12:38 AM on Apr. 24, 2009