Should I leave my baby overnight?

I am 22 going on 23 on May 7th. I have a month 6 old (who will be 7 mo. in May) beautiful baby girl. I have always felt some sort of guilt when I want to go out and do something without my sweet Isabelle. My friends planned a birthday surprise for me that would mean I have to leave my baby over night. I would leave her with my sister, whom I trust and is WONDERFUL with her. I just feel a lot of guily and anxiety when I think about it. Is it ok to leave her overnight at this age?

iheartizzy

Asked by iheartizzy at 2:15 PM on Apr. 23, 2009 in General Parenting

• Get OUT! If you totally trust your sister, then you need to get out. You child may be your world, but it shouldn't be your WHOLE world. One evening, in which she's going to sleep for half of the time, won't scar your child and will do you some good, decompressing.

don't think twice, just do it.
    trishmused

Answer by trishmused at 5:29 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I think it's fine.
    I mean a mom deserves to go out and have fun every now and again!
    As long as your not leaving her with people all of the time and out being a partier, go for it momma!
    And enjoy, Happy birthday!
    Morgan.

Answer by Morgan. at 2:17 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I think it's ok! As long as you really really trust and know your sister will take good care of her. The only people I ever left my baby boy with was my mom and mother-in-law. My sister (his nanny) kept him one time.
    LandonsMom321

Answer by LandonsMom321 at 2:17 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• yeah it's fine. i did that when my son was 4 months. i had finally just turned 21...lol
    Anonymous

• I think it's fine, go have fun! Every mother deserves time to themselves. If you're completely comfortable with your sister watching her overnight, then relax and have a good time :)
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 2:23 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Are you dyslexic? lol
    Anonymous

• Go have fun! Happy BDay! As long as you know your child is in good hands all is well. Don't feel guilty, you need "you time" as well. It's not like your child will hold it against you. You'll miss her more than she will miss you.
    chaster

Answer by chaster at 2:24 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• yes it's ok, infact it's good! Now is a good time to start getting her use to you not always being right there, then she won't develop atachment issues. Go have fun, and happy birthday(early lol)
    EarthMama05

Answer by EarthMama05 at 2:54 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• That is something we all go through as mothers, go and have yourself a blast!! you deserve it.
    tish0607

Answer by tish0607 at 3:40 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I wouldn't, but that's just me.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 3:44 PM on Apr. 23, 2009