What r the proper basic house rules?

Need symple rules for unruley boys age 13 & 12, also rules for mean lil girls age 9 & 7.

KsolosBabygirl

Asked by KsolosBabygirl at 2:21 PM on Apr. 23, 2009 in General Parenting

• If you have NOT set house rules by now, then what's the point in asking US to make them for you? Congratulations on rude, disrespectful, mean children. Way to go Mom!
    Shortfuse007

Answer by Shortfuse007 at 2:25 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• LOL! It is hard to make rules now. Use common sense when it comes to the rules, no need for us to suggest them.
    legalmom343

Answer by legalmom343 at 2:26 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• It'll be hard at that age. I guess if you break my household rules down to the very basic:

No running or screaming in the house.
    No fighting.
    If you mess it up, clean it up.
    Ask you sibling before touching their things(to avoid World War III)

There are more but those keep things going smoothly and keep me sane.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 2:34 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Wow Shortfuse way to go on being a bitch!

OP: Yes you should have set them a LONG time ago, but the damage is done all you can do is move forward. All I can suggest is set chores, curfews, general respect guidelines, have them sign a "contract" of family mission statement, when they fall short take away a privilege.

Good luck

EarthMama05

Answer by EarthMama05 at 2:48 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Our house rules are say please and thank you, respect furniture (get your feet off it, use a coaster), If you mess it up..pick it up. No balls in the house, No phone calls after 10 pm. If you want mom go find her..if you yell she won't come to you.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:51 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• 1) I am the mom and what I say goes. The only authority over me is ...............
    2) I reserve the right to change the rules at any time.
    3) When in doubt, refer to rule one.

Yeah...7, 9 12 and 13 is a little late for setting rules, but better late than never.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 3:43 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• 1.) NO ONE in this family ever disrespects anyone else in this family
    2.) Everyone in by dark unless making other arrangements beforehand. (Calling from someplace else and asking to stay longer is not making arrangement beforehand.).
    3.) Tell me where you are going, who you are going with. what you will be doing and when you will be back before you walk out the door.
    4.) Keep your rooms reasonably clean and do your own laundry (Their own clothes, not sheets and towels, etc.)
    5.) Respect the property of other family members.
    6.) NO FIGHTING or arguing in the house or you will all be punished, regardless of who "started it".
    7.-10.) BECAUSE I SAID SO
    Anonymous

• When I got my nehews they had never had any rules. They whined ALL THE TIME, baby talked constantly, hit each other, choked each other, peed everywhere in the bathroom. Not pretty. We went with ones that were neccesary, like: No hurting yourself, others, or animals. No whining. No baby talk. Be respectful. I would say go with what your issues are. If they have an issue with hitting then No hitting is a good rule. I personally have more proceedures than rules. For instance: we don't wear hats inside. If they do I take it off. It isn't a rule, it is a proceedure, there is no consequence, just reminding.
    mlregalado

Answer by mlregalado at 4:26 PM on Apr. 23, 2009