What r good proper basic chors for boys 13&12, and girls 9&7

KsolosBabygirl

Asked by KsolosBabygirl at 2:24 PM on Apr. 23, 2009 in General Parenting

• boys taking out the trash, mowing the lawn
    girls vacuuming, learning to do dishes, i dunno!
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 2:32 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Clean up behind yourself, keep your room clean and help as requested.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 2:35 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Making their own beds. (all)
    Cleaning their own rooms. (all)
    Helping with dishes. (all)
    Helping with laundry. (all)
    Putting their own clothes away. (all)
    Taking out the garbage. (older kids)
    Sweeping and mopping. (older kids)
    Vacuuming. (i think all)
    I'm sure there's more, maybe give them a list of things you do and have them each pick 1 or 2, possibly 3 for the older boys. That way they get to choose what they do and that they picked it so they can't really complain!! Hope this helps!
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 2:37 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• vacuuming making sure all their things are picked up rooms straighten, help put away groceries, doing wash, dishes putting away laundry.

EarthMama05

Answer by EarthMama05 at 2:58 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Pretty much anything you do they can do. My older kids are 6, 7 and 8 and they clean their rooms, take their laundry down to the basement (down 2 flights of stairs), put dirty dishes in the sink, wipe down tables/counters after they are done using them, pick up stuff around the house, fold and put away their own clothes, empty the dishwasher, sweep the house (we have hardwood floors), mop with the swiffer mop, wipe walls down with baby wipes, clean windows (one of their favorite chores), dust with the swiffer, take the trash out to the alley, pick up trash in the yard, help carry groceries in and put them away, etc.
    And they do almost all of it without help. The only chores that are completely mine are loading the dishwasher (because I'm picky about it), laundry (because they can't reach the controls yet) and I do most of the cooking. Even my 3yo does most of that stuff for herself.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 4:01 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• My 13 y/o unloads the dishwasher, occasionally mows the lawn, and washes the tub. My 9 y/o washes the counter in the bathroom. My 7 y/o cleans the toilet. All of them pick up their stuff. All of them put away their laundry. All of them rinse their plates. They all take out the trash and recyclables when needed too.
    mlregalado

Answer by mlregalado at 4:15 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Younger kids: cleaning rooms, making beds, clothes to hamper, fill or empty dishwasher, dust, vaccuum and wash windows. Clean off table after meals, fold clothes. Take out trash, wash toilet, sinks and bathtub.

Older kids: same as above plus, washing and drying clothes, shoveling snow, cutting the grass, mop floors.

All of them can help with cooking and the 13 yr old can cook easy meals.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:37 PM on Apr. 23, 2009