What to do when ur 13yr.old boy stands up to u and says MAKE ME!

KsolosBabygirl

Asked by KsolosBabygirl at 2:26 PM on Apr. 23, 2009 in General Parenting

• Cut off the cable, cell phone, sell all his gaming devices when he is at school and use the money on pretty shoes for you, sell the stuff in his room and leave him w/ only a few pairs of clothes, a bed and a basket for his clothes. You may not be able to physically make him but there are other ways.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 2:31 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Make him.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 2:32 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I would probably answer, "I won't make you do anything, you will either do as you know you should and life will be nice, or if you don't do as you should, neither will I". And then you have to stick to your word. Don't cook/prepare his meals, don't do his laundry, don't provide him with a cell/computer/tv/cable, etc. It's called communal living....everyone gives or you don't get.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 2:33 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I agree with karriemarie!
    legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 2:34 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• has to agree with Karrie and with Eire
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 2:34 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Kick that ass and make him do it...geez parents are so freaking paranoid these days. This next generation are going to be such sissy's and its the parents fault.
    Anonymous

• I'd smack him
    Anonymous

• I don't know about 13 yo boys but when my neice who is the same age stayed with me and said that, I smacked her on the butt, told her she would not ever speak to me that way and she best get her act together and do as I say. We had a pleasent stay after that! And yes, I had my sister's permission to discipline her and I told her what I did, and she was ok with it. She no longer has an attitude problem, because she knows she WILL NOT get away with it.
    Anonymous

• "You are right. I can't make you. Only you can decide if you will or not. But I don't have to make life pleasant for you either. No TV, no computer, no phone, no friends over, no after school activities - food, shelter, basic clothing, and school. Congrats. I can't make you earn anything back. Only YOU can decide if you are old enough for the privilages that come along with responsiblities."
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:36 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Yep...make him.

AND take everything away.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 3:41 PM on Apr. 23, 2009