Holy cow!

I have less than 10 weeks before Lanie will be born! We just moved 2 weeks ago and the house is still in utter disrepair. My daughter has her 2nd b-day party in 3 weeks, my sons 3rd bday party is in 7 weeks, and I'm really starting to stress. On top of all that, I'm going through the process of opening a home day-care, so I have a huge to-do list for that, as well! Grr, I'm just ready to pack a few bags for DH, the kids and myself and head down to the beach until time for Lanie to be here. I really need some words of encouragement. What do you do when you get stressed to the max? Should I just get up and start working or take the day off and try to relax?

renea20

Asked by renea20 at 2:26 PM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Well first off you're preggers so stressing is not going to help =)
    Take a deep breath, and make a list.
    You're going to have to make a few but they help and do one thing at a time.
    Start with getting your house in order, make a list of things that hubby has to do and for you. See if someone can take the other two for the day while you and hubby work on your house. Then after that is done, plan your daughter's birthday. Make a list of what you need, and WHO you need for that day. Then after your daughter's birthday is over, make a list of things to do for your day-care, but keep it to a minimum because that can wait a little bit. During this down time relax,enjoy your kids and take a break. 3 weeks before your sons birthday do the same thing you did for your daughter. After that is done take a breather and then start your day-care things.
    Just remember to breathe and take as many breaks as you feel you need.
    DesignerMom0801

Answer by DesignerMom0801 at 2:36 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• There are always people that have it worse than you
    Anonymous

• i do nothing lol...i was due yesterday...so u can expect how cranky and stressed i am lol
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 2:32 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Wow she was sympathetic! You have alot on your plate. I would say just get done what you can get done and prioritize. When the kids need a break take them to the park and try not to get too much sqeezed into one day. work on the 1 st party first and keep it as simple as you can. Crank up some music while you are working on the house and try to make it as fun as possible.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:33 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Wait on day care. Once the baby is born you are going to be exhausted and you don't need a bunch of extra kids to take care of on top of your three. Trust me, I had to stop my babysitting for a while after my baby was born. It's not easy with 3. Next, call in reinforcements. 2 months before eva was born we remodeled the house. It was a hasty last minute decision that I regreted after it was done. There were boxes everywhere and no one had a place to sleep. I called in friends and family to help out. Some people would come for an entire day and some could only come for a short while. Eventually we got the house in the shape I wanted it. As far as the party's go, head out to a park. Clean up is quick, you are not messing up your house, and you don't have to spend money on a place to have the party.
    Relax, take a deep breath. It will get better and easier. You can do it.
    krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 2:40 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Ignore that anons answer. And don't stress about it. I am the same way. If i get behind on things, i get stressed and try to get it all done at one time. Knowing it doesn't work out that way. First thing is to unpack what you can when you can. Everything else can wait its turn. What i try to do when i have things that need unpacking because the boxes bother me if they are where i can see them everyday , is put them in one room out of the way adn get to them when you can. Then plan one party at a time. Get the stuff for it then work on the other. See if mother or mother in law can help you if they are around. Tackle one task at a time. I was so worried that the babies room wouldn't be worried in time with mine and guess what it wasn't and to this very day she has not slept one night in her room. She stays in ours. I worried and bruted about that for nothing. But i know exactly how you feel.
    Anonymous

• If I were you I would relax today, and while you are relaxing make a delegation list, seriously. Hand it to your hubby, in-laws, other family members and say could you possibly do this for me and have it done by so and so date?

You need to relax so do not make your to-do list so big. Take care of yourself.
    violaswamp

Answer by violaswamp at 2:48 PM on Apr. 23, 2009