Way TMI.... But I need advice.....

My 3 year old daughter seems to have a foul smell from her private area sometimes. I noticed when she was wearing pull-ups and thought maybe moisture getting trapped in but now that she is in panties I notice it sometimes. is this normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:27 PM on Apr. 23, 2009 in General Parenting

• Do you wipe her thoroughly? Cause sometimes it can come from them not wiping themselves properly.
    Nera1214

Answer by Nera1214 at 2:28 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• sounds like she has some kind of infection going on... ask her if it burns to pee, not everyone shows any symptoms of infections but definitely take her to the dr. because foul odors should not be happening
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 2:28 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• babies are suposed to smell like babypowder...lol arent they? or is it puke...lol
    Anonymous

• wash her with soap and water sicko
    Anonymous

• I've never noticed that with either of my girls.... maybe you should take her to the doctor.
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 2:33 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• To anon 2:33, I wash my DD everyday with soap and water! There is no need for you to call me a sicko! I was asking a question and was looking for advice. Why are there such people on this site????????
    Anonymous

• congrats annon on being a royal bitch!

OP: when she goes try using wipes like the kandoo ones. And talk to her doctor. it might be a UTI The girl I watch gets them a lot cause she doesn't wipe well enough.
    EarthMama05

Answer by EarthMama05 at 2:51 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• ya the sicko part was not neccersary.i have a daughter with a 12 month and she asks me questions like this everyday...anyway she could have a yeast infection or a uti....but i think if it is up in side her you will probly have to get some kind of antibiotics...
    raineydays377

Answer by raineydays377 at 3:26 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• My first guess would be she isnt wipeing good enough down there so get some babywipes to use after she goes to the bathroom, also I would contact her doc and see what they say, because it is very possible she could have an infection too
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 3:41 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• That happened to my daughter a few months ago and I took her to the doctor and she ended up having a UTI, I would take her to the doctor asap.
    lvnmygrlz

Answer by lvnmygrlz at 5:07 PM on Apr. 23, 2009