Will you join me?

After a day of contemplation and soul searching, I have decided to reach out to my friends and relatives and ask you to do something that has been troubling me for a long time. Our nation is/has been on the slippery slope for a long time. If you look around you will find corruption, greed, moral decay, and a steady move away from the things that made us great. The principles upon which this nation was founded are no longer our backbone. However, we can reverse this trend. In God's word he states,"If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land."

tyme4me2day

Asked by tyme4me2day at 3:07 PM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I am convinced that we must pray for our nation and its leaders and ask for forgiveness. So I ask you to join me in this plea to our Lord. Would you please send this to at least 25 people in your address book, (send it to all of them). Ask them to pray EVERYDAY. (25 to the only the 5th power is 9,765,625 people.) IMAGINE if each person reaches TEN others...or all TWENTY FIVE! If you do and they comply, we will lift up millions and millions of prayers a day to our Creator. He will hear us and in faith will answer.

Let me just add a quote from Ronald Reagan - "If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." I truly believe this is why the United States of America is in the shape we are in today. Most people have forgotten that we are one nation under God! Let us as Christians stand up and remind people of this. ~ Have a blessed day!

tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 3:07 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• i think GOD kind of has something to do with what is going on/.he sees this and he is probly discusted just like some of us .just read revelations....ya i think he has a hand in this,,,or at least he knows what is going on and sees people just arent cooperating.so he is going to put matters in his own hands.understandable huh...
    raineydays377

Answer by raineydays377 at 3:32 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Why don't you post your prayer request in religion&beliefs section.

Anonymous

• This is posted in both places and those who choose can comment as they wish.

tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 3:46 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Amen
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 3:58 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• You can pray all you want. But for things to happen people need to do something. Praying for something to change isnt going to make it change. Going to congress, writing letters to represenative, be a constructive citizen will help to change things. Whining and complaining about it isn't going to fix anything.
    I am not knocking people who pray, just saying that prayer isn't going to solve your problems. I was taught to believe that God only helps those that help themselves.
    Vanessannd

Answer by Vanessannd at 4:11 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Ok vanessa personally I have been doing things as well as praying.I do agree people need to be
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 4:14 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Vanessannd Nicely but. I agree with you.

Anonymous

• Oh my cm friends, I agree we need to be pro-active in making a difference. Prayer does change things, and miracles still happen.

Just have some hope.

The hope I have is in God and not in man.

tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 4:22 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I was taught to believe that God only helps those that help themselves.

I'm almost positive that that is not in the Bible.

Like "cleanliness is next to Godliness", sounds good, not in the Bible.

Praying for something to change isnt going to make it change.

The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and wonderful results” (James 5:16)

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 5:11 PM on Apr. 23, 2009