how do i get my baby to be awake during the day and sleep at night? she got her days & nights confused!!!

Laylas_Mommy09

Asked by Laylas_Mommy09 at 3:08 PM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Is she a newborn? It takes a little time, and there's very little you can do except try to keep the room totally dark at night... feed your baby, change her but interact as little as possible and put her back to bed. That worked for us over the period of a few days...
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 3:13 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Little by little. Try to keep her up during the day, and then put her to bed in the evening, rubbing her back or tummy lightly until she falls asleep. Next day, wake her up, try to keep her up, and so forth. Even 15 minutes or a half hour more every day.

Answer by Bmat at 3:13 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• How old is your baby? I had a little bit of this problem when my baby was born. Now she wakes up only once in the middle of the night to eat. The thing tht halped my daughter was when she woke up to eat I would keep her up a little bit. Not much, a few minutes at a time. I would take my time when changing her diaper and talk to her really loudly. We also had crazy noises going on. At night I quickly change her diaper, whisper to her and quickly get her in position to eat. I never turn on her light and there are no other noises than her fan. Eventually she will get it. Please be patient. Babies are on their schedule.
    krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 4:02 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• One month, erm... try to keep them up and active as much as possible during the day. Keep the lights on and when she naps, keep her by you where ever you are making noise. We put my baby in the living room with the tv on, she would still sleep but did it much less. At night, keep the lights very low and keep it as noiseless as possible. I know for the first month almost two months, she wanted to go to sleep for the night at about 10 or 11. I just started moving it earlier slowly. At about 3months it was 9pm and at about 4months it was 8ish.

GOOD LUCK!
    HunnysFarAway

Answer by HunnysFarAway at 4:10 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Try a very bright room in the house and not so comfty like some noise so she won't get to much of a nap 1 hr. is good and keep her busy during the day so when night time comes she will b so tired she probably sleep through the night. Make her bedroom nice and cool and dark with maybe some kind of white noise machine going with a small fan....man I am feeling sleepy myself....zzzzz
    Good Luck!
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 4:33 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Both my kids took a while to get there days and nights right. The reason is that when you had baby in your tummy your moving around soothes them to sleep (to them nighttime) and at night when you rest they are awake (to them day/playtime). I would suggest you just give it time- don't stress it really is a self resolving issue..if it makes you feel better to attempt all these tips/tricks go for it- but honestly baby will adjust on their own soon enough : )
    litstargazer

Answer by litstargazer at 5:05 PM on Apr. 23, 2009