how can I get my 6 yr old From being BOY CRAZY?

She is drawing pics of her and boys sleeping in bed kissing and of them holding hands.... Should I lock her in a closet for the rest of her life?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:36 PM on Jun. 20, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I think you should sit her and down and have an age appropriate talk with her. Explain her about those things, and tell her what is not allowed. You're going to have to allow for some stuff, because being overprotective will just cause her to rebel. I was boy crazy my entire child/teenage years, and I was not at all a sl*t. Not even a tiny bit. I didn't even have sex until after the average age, so don't be scared that her boy-craziness will turn into that. Hope it helps!
    NomadSara

Answer by NomadSara at 5:46 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I have the same problem with my 6 yr old dd. She absolutely adores boys! Its amazing to me how young they start now. Im pretty sure I was
    New2WAHJ

Answer by New2WAHJ at 5:54 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• ...continued ...
    still in the "boys are yucky" stage at 6. We have explained to her that it is only acceptable to "friend hug" a boy. Which means a quick loose hug. We haved showed her the difference between family hugs and friend hugs, she doesnt know that there is more. Kisses are saved for family only. We've just really set limits with her.
    Her dad will probably try to keep her "locked up" until she is 30! I forsee a long teen road ahead of us!
    GL to you =)
    New2WAHJ

Answer by New2WAHJ at 6:00 PM on Jun. 21, 2008