Do you believe things happen in your life to get you ready for what will happen in the future?

I have been to more funerals and baby funerals lately then I have ever in my life. I dont understand why God chooses to take babies lives. I wanted to start trying for another baby but after everything I have been going through lately it terrifies me :( Can anyone help ease my mind or maybe let me know if you have faced something similar? thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:13 PM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Health

• I think going through hard times can prepare us for the future, if we let it make us stronger, but I don't think it predicts the future. Baby death is sad and tragic, and probably no wonder it scares you, but I don't think you should let it. As with any woman having a baby, there's no way to predict what will happy, but we go forward prepared for the best, praying for the best, knowing chances are good, and learning to trust God, whatever comes. And by the way, I don't believe God "takes" babies lives. In a sinful world full of enemy activity, even God doesn't always get His way.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 3:18 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• i think certain things happen for a reason. for example i was pregnant end of 2004, well my due date would have had me having a baby in july of 2005. i found out the day before thanksgiving i had miscarried 2 weeks earlier, in march of 2005 i found out i was preg. in august 2005 hurricane katrina hit, i was 6 months pregnant so it definately was not fun (we lived on the mississippi gulf coast) however if i had not lost the baby i lost in 04 i would have had a child that was one or two months old for the 2 months we had no home, the 3 weeks we had no elec, the month we had to bleach water in order to use it. so i think that things happen for a reason, we may not know them in the begining but if you look back there is one. so as to whether or not you should try, we can't control what will happen, we never know when we find out we are pregnant that we will actually have a baby, or that the baby will be healthy, but you hope CONT
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 3:22 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• that you will and that the baby will be healthy. i think thats what makes people keep trying after so much hurt. so just try to look for the good and think, yes you have seen babies die recently, and no that does not make any sense to any of us. but to someone somewhere it does.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 3:23 PM on Apr. 23, 2009