Do you kids wash their own sheets? Do they have to make their own bed?

My son makes his own bed, but I wash his sheets weekly. I make his bed after I wash the sheets, but he is expected to do it every other day. How do you do it?

Mom1Stepmom1

Asked by Mom1Stepmom1 at 3:15 PM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I just recently started making my sons make thier own beds. I wash the sheets but they have to make thier beds soo... they have been sleeping on just mattresses. Ha ha ha
    violaswamp

Answer by violaswamp at 3:21 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I do the laundry and fold it, give it to my 8 year old to hang up or put in drawers. He does make his own bed but I wash the sheets. He also picks up his own mess and vacuums when he is done which is his favorite part!
    Anonymous

• my daughter is only 3, she "makes" her bed in the morning before she opens the door to yell for me (gate at the door she can't get out) she also has to pick up clothes and put them in the hamper each night. obviously shes too young to wash her own clothes. but she does "help" put them away.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 3:18 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• My 2 year old washes his own sheets and makes his own bed.
    Anonymous

• They are too young, but my son makes his own bed (6) and my daughter can put the spread on her bed after I put the sheets on (she's 4)
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 3:23 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Your 2 year old washes his own sheets?! Don't you think that is a little young? I understand them putting clothes in the wash with you, but the way you answered I'm guessing its something he has to do.
    Anonymous

• He washes all of our sheets actually. He's rather talented at it too!
    Anonymous

• My son is three so the washing is up to me. But he takes them off the bed and carries them to the laundry. He helps as much as he can putting them on the bed, but I do 90% of the work. But he straightens his blankets every morning after he gets up.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 3:39 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Not yet because he's only three. he does put his pillow and blanket on his bed instead of leaving them on the floor like he use to. he picks up his toys too. he helps with laundry but i make his bed and put his things away. when he is about 5 or so we will be starting him on putting away his laundry and things. =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 3:57 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I wash ALL the laundry in the home - I insist.
    Everyone makes their own beds daily and from scratch.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:01 PM on Apr. 23, 2009