Just a phase...

Im hopeing...My daughter who is now three almost four months...Is now HATEING her crib. She used to love it. Could be in there for hours and take naps and everything in there. Is it just a phase she is going threw!?!? I put her in there still but all she does is cry and scream. I try and let her cry it out but it doesnt work. Any advice!?!?

Amanduh87

Asked by Amanduh87 at 3:16 PM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• just keep trying.. bot my boys were the same way.. i had to put JB in his bouncy seat inside his crib for a month before he would lay in it alone.. LOL
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 3:28 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• My baby used to go about an hour without wanting me to intervene at all, about a month ago (she is almost 5month)if I didnt move her around to play with different things every once in a while (from her stomach to her back to her chair to her jumper) she gets bored and fussy. SO do I think its a phase? no I think its a stage of them moving up and wanting more to occupy their minds. Mine is kinda back to being able to be left alone but still not as long as she used to, she is also more mobile. She can roll and scoot. She still has to be moved to different things about every 20-30mins
    HunnysFarAway

Answer by HunnysFarAway at 3:58 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• At 4 mo, your baby has probably figured out that you leave when she goes in the crib. You have to be consistent about still leaving (your baby will get used to it eventually), just make sure you have a consistent bedtime routine and walk away with confidence and a smile on your face. (i.e. You're not worried and there is no reason for baby to be worried....they read a lot from your emotions) Also, don't wait until baby is sleeping to leave...your baby should watch you walk away. It can be very scary for a baby to go to sleep with you there and wake up with you missing. I would keep crib time devoted exclusively to sleeping from this point forward. Playtime is elsewhere...for consistency sake. As long as you're consistent, this phase will pass (as with many, many more phases to come). Good Luck.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 4:30 PM on Apr. 23, 2009