To woman that have step children...

My boyfriend and I are going to move in together at the end of this year. We both have 2 chidren, and I am just wondering if any step moms have any advice for a smooth transition.

MaMa2_DJ_IJ

Asked by MaMa2_DJ_IJ at 3:19 PM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Relationships

• I suggest joining the group Stepmoms, they have lots of great advice in there for any sort of situation like this
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 3:21 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Sorry its actually called Step-parenting here is the link

http://www.cafemom.com/group/290

hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 3:22 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• me and my now husband did playgrounds. we wanted to make sure kids got along after 2 months of that we sat them down sepratly and asked what do u think of me living with yada yada.. they were more then happy with it. a month later i moved in with my daughter and his 2 daughters were happy to have another playmate its been 6 years now and still good. but if the bm is crazy that is a lil harder just keep the kids out of it as best u can. ohhh and the kids ages at the time was 3 4 and 6.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 3:23 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I belong to the stepparenting group. Wonderul bunch of women in that group. My advice, RUN for the hills.
    mrsmendoza2006

Answer by mrsmendoza2006 at 3:29 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• great advice mrsmendoza!!!!!!!! i mean right on the nose!!!! step parenting sucks...the kids won't like you , they will start crap to make you and SO fight.....ugh...i hate being a step parent.!!!!!!
    busymamma503

Answer by busymamma503 at 3:33 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• OMG mrsmendoza2006 lmao I was so thinking the same thing
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 3:33 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Wow...that bad huh?
    MaMa2_DJ_IJ

Answer by MaMa2_DJ_IJ at 3:36 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• ugh...i hate being a step parent.!!!!!!

WOW that is sad I am a step parent and yes it can be hard gaining their trust but they are kids who only want their mom with their dad plain and simple you knew he had other kids and you made the choice to marry him his kids are part of him so do you hate him ..... OP just take it one day at a time if you have a problem don't address it in front of the kids wait until you are alone with their father to talk about it you both should set rules and stick to them back each other up always good luck

Anonymous

• I don't see mine which is fine with me. His moms a bitch and doesn't come around
    Anonymous

• no my step child hates me because his mother is a good for nothing whore and fills his head full of crap. she doesn't like me so she tells SS things about me so he will hate me too! it's not all peaches and cream being a step parent like you put it...yes you can earn their trust but as soon as someone tells them otherwise about you.....it's over! trust me i love the kid to death but i hate being treated like shit by a 5 year old in my house when he's here. he gives me no respect back talks...ect..because his mother told him that he does not have to listen to me. so before you go bashing you need to look outside your " perfect step child relationship" and see how most of today's step mothers are being treated by their step children!!!! not trying to be a bitch but people just don't understand what most of us go through just to be with the one we love.
    busymamma503

Answer by busymamma503 at 4:25 PM on Apr. 23, 2009