What do we do about Pakistan?

I can't find a link but heard on the news this AM that the Taliban is controlling the area about 60 miles outside of the capital, Islamabad. Pakistan has nukes and if the Taliban gets a hold of them I think we can kiss Israel good bye.

I honestly don't know what Obama was thinking when he said he wanted to talk to the moderates. Far as I can tell there ain't no such thing.

So, what do we do? Pakistan is supposed to be our ally we can't just nuke or carpet bomb.

Friday

Asked by Friday at 3:27 PM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Friday, I don't know either. I watched a fun-filled documentary this weekend about pakistan afghanistan and the fighting with Russia years ago and how Russia finally let it go. It's tough terrain out there and if you're not living there and know the mountains other people from other countries literally get lost in the mountains and are never found. Wars about religion and fighting people who have no regard for rules or human life are almost impossible.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 3:37 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I don't know but it is certainly concerning.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 4:02 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Pakistan is supposed to be our ally we can't just nuke or carpet bomb.

And yet, consensus is that bin Laden has been there for years, which is why we don't have him. I suspect Obama's push to get us entirely involved in Afghanistan has nothing to do with Afghanistan. He wants us on Pakistan's border. Eventually, he is going to have to make a decision, and in part, that decision will have to be based on the fact that the leadership in Pakistan is less well liked among the people than GW on his worst day. And that is primarily due to us. The people hate us, the government tries to work with us. It will hit critical mass soon enough, and regime change will come.

Expect that what few moderates are there will be among the first to be rounded up and executed.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:06 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Bomb them! Pakistan is just a terrorist hide out. Look what they do to India all the time. Though i am biased being married to an Indian.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 5:21 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Pakistan our ally?
    IRA871

Answer by IRA871 at 5:24 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• i do agree Pakistan needs to be dealt with, however....using Israel getting nuked as an example is not going to make me push for further action!!! Sorry, they do their fair share of destruction....Palestinians anyone??? In fact, we should get our weapons back from Israel and put them to better use!!!!!
    Anonymous

• I agree that Israel causes plenty of their own problems but I don't want any country destroyed.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 10:25 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• using Israel getting nuked as an example is not going to make me push for further action

You should go brush up on your physics and meteorology, then. If Israel gets nuked, so does Palestine, Jordan, Syria and Egypt. Depending on which way the wind blows, people will die and cancer rates will increase in Greece and Italy or Pakistan and India (and all the places in between). Radiation and fall out can't see the dotted lines on a map.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:36 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Here is a link to the story: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,517703,00.html

The Taliban is demanding that Pakistan fall under strict extremist Islamic law (much like the Taliban did which ended in the death of thousands of innocent people)
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 5:18 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Nuke em! Pakistan parades as our ally, but they harbor terrorist worse then Afghanistan ever did. Nuke the bastards.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:10 AM on Apr. 24, 2009