Throwing a baby shower and she won't let it be!

She tells me two days before the party...I don't like the decor!! She wants to keep changing the menu?? Is she suppose to do that? she wants more....yard signs/banners/another banner. The other hostess hasn't put any money out. I'm so stressed now! should she be telling me what to do 24/7?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:49 PM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• you mean the person you are throwing the shower for is throwing a fit about it?
    busymamma503

Answer by busymamma503 at 3:51 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• i would tell her she is damn lucky someone is throwing her a shower! what does it matter what the decor is? oh my!
    busymamma503

Answer by busymamma503 at 3:52 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• If it is supposed to be given by you, then just decorate how you planned. Ask the person who you are throwing it for to contribute money/ or buy her own decorations, etc. if she doesn't like what you have.
    Anonymous

• Yes! she's is being so picky! I have spent time and money and she wants more! I have to buy all the food still! I wish she would just be thankful. It's cute decor too!
    Anonymous

• Agree with all the above, ungrateful woman.
    Anonymous

• ok when u say "she" do u mean the person who u're throwing it 4?cuz i mean if she's planning it herself then she can have all the input she wants lol but if u're throwing it then she basically she doesnt need to know about it she should be greatful someone is doing her the favor!i think u should tell her just show up and let me worry about it!
    AnaKV

Answer by AnaKV at 3:56 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Well, when I had my DH aunt offering to throw me a baby shower, I was very appreciative. I told her thank you and did everything myself. It was a great baby shower, she took the credit for it but and the end I saved the relationship and I got exactly what I wanted and the way i wanted.

I was overly stressed and I knew nothing anybody did would have pleased me, so I paid for everything, did everything myself, she just hosted the event and took complements and that was fine by me, the turn over was excellent and everybody myself included had a ball. Till today, my DH aunt calls me when she is doing a baby shower or bridal shower for anybody else, she was very happy and we have a good relationship.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 4:01 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• wow- I was just so grateful that someone cared enought o have a baby shower for me... I could never be so presumptuous as to request certain decorations or food... wow... I would be hurt actually, and would question the friendship,

this is not her wedding, for crying out loud...
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 4:18 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• That sucks. I feel bad for you. Some people are just so ungratefull. My shower is weekend after next and the only thing I did was give my mom and sister the guest list. I told them to just do whatever they wanted. I don't really care how big or small it is. :( Its supposed to be fun, not stressfull.
    Anonymous

• No. It is very impolite for the guest of honor to be telling her hostess what to do for her party. If she wants to be picky, she needs to cough up the cash for herself OR throw her own shower. She's being very inconsiderate of you, your time and your graciousness throwing her this party.

Even if it was a close friend (I HATE confrontation), I'd have no problem saying "I'm trying to do something nice, understand that I'm doing my best. If you want these changes and additional things, please give me the money. I can only do as much as I can afford and I'd like to be able to get you a nice baby gift but won't be able to if I spend all my money on the party." I'd say the SAME thing to the other hostess. If she can't chip in, her name shouldn't be on the invites as hostessing the party.

Yeah, you don't want to screw up friendships and cause hard feelings but it's times like these that let you know who REAL friends are.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 5:13 PM on Apr. 23, 2009