Will you participate on May 7th?

May 7th is National Day of Prayer... I decided to post this after reading another post about praying for our nation.

Will you participate? Go to an event? Participate on-line? Does your church get involved or advertise it?

Here is a link if you want more information regarding the different events and what you can do to be involved.

www.NationalDayofPrayer.org

bonn777

Asked by bonn777 at 3:49 PM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I do every year. They have a big ceremony on the lawn in front of City Hall,and I go to that every year. Thanks for the timely reminder,precious sister! God bless you!
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 3:54 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• My church will be gathering with other churches in the community.
    I have to work, but I still will be praying!
    tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 3:59 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• high fiveI didnt know about that! Thanks I think I will online maybe!

momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 3:59 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I don't need any outside agency telling me when to pray. However, if it is something you feel strongly about, it was nice of you to let others know about it. I hope you enjoy it.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 4:09 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Hi Marwill, Its not about telling you when to pray. What this is, is Christians who feel led by God to gather together in one accord and pray. Pray for our nation our leaders ect. It really is a beautiful and uplifting thing to do if you choose to do so. It is much bigger than a government requirement, because its not required, because it is from the heart.

Blessings!

tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 4:15 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I will!!
    God bless.
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 4:16 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I probably won't be this year. I am taking online classes rather than on campus, and there's not really anywhere around here doing it. I pray every day, though, I don't feel like I missing out. :-)
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 4:29 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Marwill: In some communities it is open to many faiths... in our community the one held at city hall had multiple faiths praying including a rabbi, protestant minister, priest, native american (don't know what the title would be so won't try), etc.
    Anonymous

• I'll be participating : )
    deedee3849

Answer by deedee3849 at 5:13 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Works are faster than prayer in getting results. So no, I don't need to participate in a feel good show that does nothing long term or substantial for anyone, especially on a day set aside for folks to show how "Godly" they are. It's a shame I tell ya.

I think I'll actually protest. Make signs. "Get off your knees and Volunteer!" "Did you do your Random Act of Kindness today?" " Have your hugged your Child today?" "Our Food Banks Needs your Contributions!" "Make someone smile today." "Think Globally, Act Locally." "Still Got to Roll up the Sleeves and Do the Work."
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 5:40 PM on Apr. 23, 2009