My hubby smokes in our car, any websites or proof on WHY that it's bad?

I just found out My hubby smokes in our SUV, he never does it when are kiddos are in the car. But I tried telling him the smoke stays in the car and can be as bad as second hand smoke, He doesnt agree that there is such a thing as 3rd hand smoke. Anybody know of any websites or articles that prove this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:51 PM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Health

• I don't know any articles but you can look it up on google. I do know that if you smoke in a car it will be hard to sell it for a descent price if you do want to sell it that is.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 3:53 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• the smoke stays in the upholstery and the car seats. however it also sticks to his clothes just as much (not bashing i'm a smoker) so the kids still get the 3rd degree from him even if he doesn't smoke around them. just something else that will come up when you research it.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 4:08 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• im a nursing student and i know for a fact that you can inhale smoke from fabric.. if someone smokes and they goes and holds your baby the baby can breathe in the fumes from your clothes.. for example.. if you pour bleach on your clothes and let it dry then go and sniff the clothes you are still going to smell the bleach and it can still make you sick.. if you pee on something and then smell it.. you can still smell it.. its the same with cigarettes but worse because they have extremely toxic fumes in the smoke and anyone can inhale it. when my friends smoke and i smell it on them i get sick. I went in my friends car and she smokes in it and i threw up because the smell was so bad
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:16 AM on Apr. 24, 2009