For any one who has used the OPK's.... Need advice!

Ok this will be my first time using them and my doctor reccomended starting on cd12 cause Im on a fertility drug. Do they come in packs greater then a weeks supply or do I just have to buy a couple of boxes? Also how much are the cheaper ones (off brand maybe if they have one)? And my last question is when to start baby dancing, I would assume that when ever I get a positive test result back cause doesnt that mean ovulation will occure withen the next day or two? I also hear some say that its best to start even befor the positive just to be on the safe side, so when do you start?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:05 PM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I have the Clearblue Easy Fertility Monitor and as soon as I saw the middle peak to the high peak fertility signs we baby danced for days. I wanted to make sure we put forth the effort.

You're supposed to go through at least 10 pee sticks during the testing phase to get a feel of when you ovulate.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 4:06 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• You can get bigger packs, but they only last a month, so I would suggest staying with the smaler ones. I always bought mine at Walmart, and bought the Answer brand. 7 days worth of test sticks were about $12. You can get a pack of 20 for $19, but again, after you open the tube they come in, they are only good for 30 days. I only did that the first time to make sure I could figure out when I ovulated and after that bought the 7 day ones. If you're on meds, you will most likely ovulate, so again, stick with the weeks worth! Once you get a positive (test line DARKER than the control line, not just two lines) you will ovulate within 24-36 hours. So yes, I would suggest starting that day, but you could start on day 12 and just do it every other day until you get the positive. Then there should be some up there waiting for the egg!!
    WadeMom313

Answer by WadeMom313 at 4:08 PM on Apr. 23, 2009