I don' t think i got the job now because i just found out someone else who applied and her advantages over me are...

well for one she isn't 5 months pregnatn. She doesn' thave a job right now so wouldn't have to give two weeks notice (although at her last she just walked out without notice) but i don't know if she told them that. She has two kids but are in school, not a 9 month old like me, is older and has been working longer so probably has more experience (although not necissarily better). But now i feel pretty sure she will get the job instead. Wouldn't you think so? Don't bash for spelling and typing i am in a hurry .

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:14 PM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Money & Work

• 3 yrs ago i would have said yes, but they can pay you less w/less experience so if you told them you want to work after the baby comes and stay with the company they may still go w/you. empolyers are looking for cheaper employees right now.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 4:16 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• It all depends... I got a job simply because I was available any time after 5 through the week and 10 am to midnight on weekends.... Every potential employee has something to offer.... don't give up hope yet.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 4:19 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• It really depends on what they need. I don't think you're out of the running completely. Good luck!
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 4:22 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Oh my. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Don't give up hope. If she does get it, then keep trying.

Answer by Bmat at 4:27 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• It depends on what they are looking for. You may still be the better match. Good luck.

Just curious, though...how do you know so much about her? lol
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 5:49 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I would think it would go more by your references if they call her employers and what not. and a credit criminal background check and probably a drug test. if she fails one then you are in. so i wouldn't think you are out of the running yet
    ladyluck09

Answer by ladyluck09 at 10:43 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• tropicalmama, she is my bosses ex wife. And she just left him again about 2 months ago to move back in with the man she married when they were split up the first time. Seriously she is a nice person, but she is only looking for a job to get her by until she finds a new man that has deep pockets to support her.Then she will be gone again.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:03 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• I would make sure you call them once and express your interest. Thank them for the interview and tell them how nice it was to meet them and how much you are interested in working with their company. If they have a website and you haven't already done so, check it out and ask them a few questions about something on their site. It will show you are not only interested, but also motivated.
    OT- I just started working from home in the personell dept for a company. I'm pretty sure they are still hiring. If you think you might be interested PM me with your name, address, and skills.
    chickadee8654

Answer by chickadee8654 at 1:23 PM on Apr. 24, 2009