do you think people should get jail time or fined for adultery ?

for example this guys has an affair with a married woman fully knowing she is married and knowing that the husband is trying to make things work but he keeps bothering her and leading her astray. should get reprimanded some how for interfering with the marriage? i know she is just as much to blame as him but if he wasnt involved she could concentrate on the marriage and maybe work things out

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:15 PM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Relationships

• You can sue people if they intently ruin your marriage. Ruining marriages breaks up families, divorces are costly and if kids are involved, you have emotional and mental distress.
    Anonymous

• In the army they can loose money and rank. II think they should but adultry is also a biblical law. I think there would be alot of non religious ppl (NOT ALL) who would be against it
    HunnysFarAway

Answer by HunnysFarAway at 4:16 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Personally I think it is a great idea- BUT only for the married person who cheated- I have tons of girlfriends who have had married men hit on them, or just lie about being married and it could be hard to prove that a person did or didn't know the marital status- BUT I think it would be GREAT if the husband or wife got fined! :) OH and maybe a bit of house arrest :)
    jessicasea

Answer by jessicasea at 4:19 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• well take the religious part of it, actually i wasnt even thinkin about the religious aspect when i posted this. taking vows is a contract with each other and the people in it need to ad heed to that regardless of their religion
    Anonymous

• No, because it will take up jail space for real offenders. Prison system is already overcrowded.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 4:21 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• ok good point on the crowded jails but at least fined or have community service something
    Anonymous

• HELL NO
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 4:24 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Yes he should get punished in some way cheaters are never no go, even though they say they will change yeah right they are just telling you stuff you want to hear. And for the poor husband he should get paid some kind of money for all that heartache. Don't you agree???
    Anonymous

• I  think that is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. I would much rather time & money be spent on other things. The breakdown of marriages and families are moral issues, not legal ones.

BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 4:26 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I'm not a cheater and never will be.... so, Sure!
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 4:30 PM on Apr. 23, 2009