My 8 month old has been napping for 3 hours now. Should I go wake her up?

She usually only naps no longer than an hour at a time. I have checked on her a couple of times and she is fine. Please no bashing!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:26 PM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yeah if you want to be able to sleep through the night. GL
    Anonymous

• NEVER WAKE A SLEEPING BABY! =) Well, that's my philosophy anyway. If baby is sleeping that long, she needs it. Keep in mind that a well rested baby will sleep longer and harder than one who is overly tired. If your baby is napping...she needs it and will probably sleep better tonight because of it. (Unless of course it becomes a habit and she isn't sleeping at night regularly). Their little bodies go through a lot of changes at different periods and sometimes, they need three hour naps. My daughter once slept for 16 hours straight at about 7 mo. It was random and it never happened again, but apparently she needed it. The only exception to the rule would be if baby bumped her head recently. If so, then yes, wake her up - just to make sure you can.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 4:33 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I wouldnt wake her up... If a baby is sleeping its for a reason. She may be fighting sickness, maybe growing...She will still go to sleep at night. When my LO was that age, she would take long naps too. But thats my opinion, Good Luck!
    lvnmygrlz

Answer by lvnmygrlz at 4:38 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Baby's sleep as much as they need to when they need to. I would personally let the baby sleep. JMO
    litstargazer

Answer by litstargazer at 4:56 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Heck no! Enjoy the time. If the room is super dark or anything turn on a hall light so your lo doesn't think it's night. Other than that I wouldn't worry. Some babies need extra long naps to accommodate those growth spurts.
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 6:38 PM on Apr. 23, 2009