What do you think about a woman mowing the lawn??

I mean actual grass LOL! Anyway I was outside mowing the lawn. I recently lost my job, and my husband works full time and goes to school. I ran out of dishes and laundry, tired of being outside, and knew the lawn needed mowing. So I did it.

So if you saw a tiny woman, knew she was married, would you think bad about her husband? Like he doesn't do crap and makes his woman do the hard stuff? I have to admit, it was harder than it looked, the mower got very heavy when the bag was full!!

prettyrayray

Asked by prettyrayray at 4:39 PM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• No, I try to do it for my husband when I run out of things to do and he always gets mad at me lol...he says people will talk :) lol
    nikkileerue

Answer by nikkileerue at 4:40 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Hey, you must be my neighbor. She was just out there doing the same thing. When I was single, I used to mow the lawn and we lived on a steep hill... Go figure.

I hate it. I refuse to do it now... but it doesn't hurt anyone to mow lawn.. except maybe an old person in the hot summer time.. LOL!
    Anonymous

• I really don't think about it I just do it
    CarieP

Answer by CarieP at 4:41 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I wouldn't. Saying mowing the lawn is the man's job is like saying washing the dishes is the woman's job. It goes both ways =) I am happy however, that my husband enjoys mowing because I would rather wash dishes than mow LOL
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 4:41 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I don't do it but it's nice to do it for your husband if he's real busy and you're home.
    sweetmom1007

Answer by sweetmom1007 at 4:42 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• i wouldnt think anything about it actually.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 4:42 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• nope, i do it when i'm bored. i don't like to do it so i don't do it often, but i wouldn't think anything of it. everyone has diff marriages and they are all different. i hate people that look and go oh my shes cutting the grass, thats a mans job! drives me nuts
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 4:42 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I mow my lawn all the time. My husband works at a steel company and does a lot of hard work. I enjoy mowing the lawn because it is good exercise, and it gets me out of the house for a while. I can care less what people driving by may think of my hubby because i know he is a good man and no one else needs to know that for us to be happy.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 4:42 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Not at all. There is nothing wrong with the woman mowing. It is done all the time around here.

Answer by Bmat at 4:44 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I ask, mainly because my neighbors who are very very old fashioned saw me, but they saw my husband happened to be home. It was pretty hot, and I looked like shit LOL! They are the kind of people where the husband does construction, the son mows the lawn, the mom stays home and occasionally teaches piano, and they also have a 21 year old daughter that just lives there. Very religious family too. I just wondered if they thought that my husband wasn't pulling his weight.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 4:44 PM on Apr. 23, 2009