tick bite and fever

i asked a question a couple days ago about a tick bite and my 23 month old daughter, the doc. said look for a fever, well today she woke up with a fever of 101.2 took her to the er, and they said nothing is wrong,bring her home, she sleeps all day has a fever again same temp. as earlier, but now she is shaking and still wont stay awake. would you take her to another doc or just suck it up and see what happens? my worry is it has something to do with the tick bite

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:44 PM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Take her!
    Anonymous

• My son was bitten by a tick when he was 2 1/2 and he had a red ring around where the tick bit him. I found out he had lyme's disease which when caught quickly is completely curable so don't let people tell you that it is not. He also ran a fever and slept all the time because his body was fighting off the infection. take her back to the doctor and make them check for lymes disease. that is nothing to play with. I hope she does not have it but you need to get some answers keep us posted.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 4:47 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Go with your first instinct! Take her to her regular doctor. Try and make a same day appointment tell them you need to get in right away. Tell them your doctor told you to call if your daughter developed a fever.
    littllea

Answer by littllea at 4:49 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Definitely take her to the ER again or to another doctor or something.
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 4:50 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

Thanks for the info! I will keep that in mind too. Thanks for posting this. I am always so afraid of my son getting Lyme Disease. We had a horrible infestation of fleas in our backyard last year due to stray cats that adopted our yard. We had animal control pick them up after we trapped them in the cat trap that we had to rent. Then we had to call the exterminator ugh! Anyway thanks again for posting this.
    littllea

Answer by littllea at 4:54 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• thanks ladies, im getting ready to go right now....were heading out to the car, i just wanted to say thanks and ill let you know what happens this time and again thanks
    Anonymous

• I think it's just a coincidence but good luck
    Anonymous

• Yes, ask for antibiotics!!! Go to the ER now! Don't hesistate, the longer you wait the worse she's going to get...if it is lyme disease.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 3:01 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• we went and they said nothing to worry about they checked her out we waited for a while they did test and said everything is fine we have to go back next week to check everything again
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on Apr. 24, 2009

• i had negative test results for 4 months before i was diagnosed...and i had all the classic symptoms from the very beginning...was misdiagnosed, neglected and finally went to a lyme disease specialist and found out my titer levels were extremely high (positive)...so, just be aware...the bacteria can hide in the blood stream (weird enough)... keep a look out for other symptoms...i just hope your husband caught it in time. take care of your baby. hope she'll be fine! good luck!
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 11:55 PM on Apr. 24, 2009