What is your parenting style?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:47 PM on Apr. 23, 2009 in General Parenting

• Miscellaneous!
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 4:51 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• My 3 year old Son and 17 month old daughter are on a daily schedule in which i follow to a T. My son is expected to help clean his toys up and his sister follows us helping as well. they both take naps from 1-3pm everyday. and they go to bed at 9pm every night. If my son is bad he gets put in a naughty chair for 3 minutes and my daughter for 30 seconds to 1 minute. I find this works very well and I do not have to spank my children. Although I am a believer in spanking and cannot understand why "spanking" not beating is illegal. but anyway.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 4:51 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I do what works, that's my style!
    legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 4:52 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Where is spanking illegal? It's allowed in the public schools in the state where I live.
    Anonymous

• Lax. LOL!!! Sorry, I will never be a hard ass like my parents! Look how I turned out!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 4:58 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• casual but i have my left eye on everyone and everything at all times.i think i have more problems with other kids and mothers than i have with my own???
    raineydays377

Answer by raineydays377 at 4:58 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Unfortunately spaking has become illegal in a lot of states, it's stupid. I parent my kids by instinct, I don't follow any specific parenting style and it works for us.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 4:58 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Strict. Consistent. Giving praise when possible. Insisting on immediate compliance, although discussion is allowed to make sure why compliance is needed.

Answer by Bmat at 5:00 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Ok, so I Googled: "Where is spanking illegal" (not because I wanted to argue - just because I was curious)

From the results I found it appears spanking is illegal in many other countries, but every article I found about the US said it is not illegeal in any state in the US, though laws have been proposed to ban it in Mass. & Cali. I couldn't find anything that said it was illegal in a lot of states. The articles were mostly from 2007, so I geuss it could have changed in the last year and a half.
    Anonymous

• I am a go with the flow type. Schedules are just to stuffy for me and my family. As long as nobody is killing eachother then the day is going well lol :)
    nikkileerue

Answer by nikkileerue at 5:45 PM on Apr. 23, 2009