Would you shake a baby????I would never EVER even think of doing that...BUT it was on somone's mind and they made a GAME out of it.

There's no question that Apple's App Store on iTunes is a huge hit—indeed, Apple is close to serving up the billionth App Store download, while smartphone players such as Microsoft, Google, and BlackBerry are racing to duplicate Apple's App Store success. But with control comes responsibility, as Cupertino learned this week after the embarrassing "Baby Shaker" debacle.

Just to recap: The AP is reporting that Apple approved and then quickly yanked from the App Store a 99-cent app called "Baby Shaker"—a (reportedly) odd little "game" that challenges players to "see how long you can endure" the "adorable cries" of a baby "before you just have to find a way to quiet the baby down!"

When you can't "endure" the baby's bleatings anymore, you shake your iPhone/iPod Touch until the toddler (a "black-and-white line drawing," according to the AP) goes quiet, complete with big, ominous "red X's over its eyes."

LimoMOM5

Asked by LimoMOM5 at 4:48 PM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Entertainment

• o my god that is awful.
    Crystal1124

Answer by Crystal1124 at 4:50 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I AGREE WITH CRYSTAL1124 THAT IS SO AWFUL!
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 4:51 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I can't believe someone actually created that! That is terrible.
    musikdoll

Answer by musikdoll at 4:51 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• wow...that is probably the most disgusting thing I have ever heard.....just wow...
    CarieP

Answer by CarieP at 4:52 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• OMG what will they come up with next my dh and I have Iphones and he downloads just about anything they have to offer I wouldn't doubt it if he gets this one. It is probably funny but scary at the same time atleast it gives people an idea if they want kids or not like this they can practice rather than go to jail. It happens it is so sad. Thanks for the info.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 4:53 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• that is horrible. Apple should have known better than to approve it in the first place. Isnt that what they have PR people for to avoid lawsuits and media crisis. Idiots
    Rngrad_2006

Answer by Rngrad_2006 at 5:39 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• There have been at least 2 deaths reported by baby shaking in the past week. I wonder now if there is a connection

Answer by admckenzie at 6:38 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Who the hell would approve of that? Sh!t, maybe someone should shake them until they stop screaming. Child abuse is not funny, it should not be made into a game. That's just disgusting, just damn disgusting.
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 10:05 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I have a blackberry smartphone...hope they don't decide to come up with trash like that.

That is awful. The little boy I care for was shaken by his own father when he was a baby and has a lot of behavioral and sleep issues.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 12:43 PM on Apr. 24, 2009