How can I get rid of bumble bees??

We just moved into a new house and there are HUGE bumble bees in the front and back! I just figured out that they are nesting in some of the patio furniture in the front so we're going to get rid of that, but I'm not sure about where they are living in the back.... anyone know of any ways to get them to go away?

stepmom929

Asked by stepmom929 at 4:51 PM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Find the nest and have them removed.Don't kill them!
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 4:54 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• DONT KILL THEM!!! Bumblebees are not aggressive and they are very important to the eco system....
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 4:58 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Bumble bees don't hurt anyone. Bless their hearts; they have to sit in the sun before they can even fly on cool mornings. I'm sure there are some sprays on the market you can squirt around which they won't find attractive and they will move on.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 5:05 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I had a problem with wasps nesting by the front door, every time we tried to get rid of the nest, Would build another. It was frustrating, thank the Lord we don't live there anymore. Bees aren't agressive I don't think like wasps. Maybe a prof. bug killer to spray?
    Anonymous

• Sorry, not trying to tick anyone off, by being a bug killer. Some I don't like.
    Anonymous

• Hold their babies hostage? lol idk
    MammaBella

Answer by MammaBella at 5:43 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I would go to Lowe's or Home Depot to see what they have. Perhaps there is a way you can detract them from the area they are at so they will next someplace else.
    We have azalea bushes in front of our house and when they fill with flowers they also fill up with bumblebees. We just leave them alone because when the flowers die off the bumblebees leave.
    Best wishes!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:16 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• **OP**
    thanks all - I don't plan to kill them - just need them to move out! They swarm right around both our front and back doors, that's the main issue. My 6 yr old is scared of them - and I am too! I'll have to ask our pest control guy about them.
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 6:25 PM on Apr. 23, 2009