formula question

my daughter is ten mos old and on similac advance i was thinkin 2 switch to stage 2 go and grow its like 4 dollars cheaper. is it healthier? should u realy keep them on it till 24 mos?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:02 PM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• After 1 year they can be on cow's milk. I switched to stage 2 after my son was 12 months just to be sure that he was getting enough vitamins and minerals but he didn't really need it because he ate what we did and drank cow's milk. He was on stage 2 for a few months.
    Anonymous

• Talk to your pediatrician, but I've never heard of keeping them on formula past a year unless they aren't eating table foods yet (so getting nutrition from real food) or if there are allergy/growth issues.

There is no need for any "stage 2" formula.

Our pediatrician actually laughed out loud when I asked him about it! rofl
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:23 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I switched my son around 10 months to stage 2. He was eating a lot of table food already so I figured he was also getting nutrients from other things. I also switched because it was cheaper. I only gave it to him for a few months and then we went to milk.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 5:37 PM on Apr. 23, 2009