Going on a trip

I'm going on a trip in 3 weeks. I never go any where without my dd. She is 7. When should I tell her that I am going out of town? I don't want her stressing about it for 3 weeks and I don't want to spring it on her either. I will be gone for 5 days.

ria7

Asked by ria7 at 5:04 PM on Apr. 23, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• i would tell her a week before you go, that way she has time to get used to the idea since you've never left her for that long before. try not to make it a huge thing, just mommy has to go out of town for a few days to..... and i'll be back after (if she knows dates the date or days of the week, or after this many times going to bed at night) that way she knows when to expect you home
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 5:08 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I'm sure she will do fine. We have left dd with family while we went on a trip before. Just focus on telling her about whatever SHE will be doing during that time. Also, tell her you will call her each day, and that she can call too if she wants. Make sure to reinforce that you love her, and are only going for a little while. It helps too if you tell her you will bring a surprise when you get back. Hope that helps!
    Rainbowbrite639

Answer by Rainbowbrite639 at 7:43 AM on Apr. 24, 2009