Could you give me your opinion?

My ob wants to induce because my bp was 135/90 which I always have elevated bp espcially at the dr. office and I gained 4pounds in a week. I am not swollen though at least I cant tell. He said I have a trace of protien in my urine.
Is this a really good reason to induce?
I check my bp regulary and it's fine. I was trying to do this all natural and being induced is far from it. I am so scared! Could you just give me your opinion and what you would do? My due date is tommrrow. I was souppose to be induced yesterday. I refused which made him really really mad! He also wouldnt explain anything to me or do any tests so im a little confused also.
Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:09 PM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Tell your doctor to do it again.

The technical way to get an accurate reading on a BP is to take it, and then after 5 minutes of non-stressful rest it is supposed to be taken again. If the BP lowers after those 5 minutes the first reading is to be discarded, and if it is still high then it becomes a concern. Most doctors don't do BP's that way, but this is the correct way to do it (and that is info from nurses at the hospital I work for).

One high BP reading is not enough cause to induce. Make him give you good, solid reasons before you agree.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 5:12 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Your due date is tomorrow, I would say go for it. You dont know how long you will be in labor, so if anything, it'll give you a boost so to speak. As far as going natural, it's up to you whether you decide you want to do it in the tub, no the ball, or anywhere you choose. I am with you 100% on the all natural thing. I would heed my ob. But It's your decision as a woman & mommy-to-be. I wish you the best with your decision!!!!
    Barb87

Answer by Barb87 at 5:17 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• If you really dont want to be induced then have the doctor check your BP again... When i was having BP problems in my last pregnancy they would take it while I was laying down on my left side, it ALWAYS went down some. your top number isnt to high, but your bottom number is a little to high... As an FYI, I went into natural labor at 35 weeks cause my blood pressure problems and the last reading they got was 150/101 Also its a fact that when you are in labor your BP generally raises so I would give it a few days and see... Some people have good inductions and some not so good. I had pre E on my first pregnancy and was induced and it was not my favorite birth by far, but make your doctor give you GOOD reasons if your really against it!
    lvnmygrlz

Answer by lvnmygrlz at 5:26 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• wait a week. then induce anyway. your at your due date hun
    LotusBlossom21

Answer by LotusBlossom21 at 11:25 PM on Apr. 23, 2009