embarassing, bowels and episiotomy, plz help

so this is embarassing. i just recently gave birth, had an episiotomy, havnt been able to have a bowel movement in about 2 weeks. when i feel, it seems as though there is bowel underneath where my episiotomy was done. does this happen?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:36 PM on Jun. 20, 2008 in Health

• IT takes a while for a first movement to come, and it is usually quite painful. Especially if you have episiotomy. call your doctor if you're concerned. Nothing like professional advice!
    NomadSara

Answer by NomadSara at 5:38 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• They had to give me stool softeners because I tore a little bit and had to have stitches. Ask your doctor if you can take some otc ones or if she could perscribe you some. They helped a lot. Two weeks is a long time you really should talk to your doctor.
    eazy_n_whit

Answer by eazy_n_whit at 5:51 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I also had stool softeners for a few days when I tore and had stitches. It will definately help keep it from being painful when you finally do.
    Anonymous

• I would take some really powerful stool softeners like Senecot, or Dulcolax. In adddition, Drink Metamucil or Benefiber in beverages. LOTS of water, apple juice etc..AVOID caffeine as it will dehydrate you and you need lots of liquid in your diet, and fiber plus the medicine it sounds like. It may be necessary to use a glycerin suppository...(Goes up your butt, but doesn't hurt and produces results usually in a few hours.)
    asmith62877

Answer by asmith62877 at 9:44 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• try drinking 2 sips of aloe vera water georges from henrys once a day for a week
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:29 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• I think when I had my episiotomy the worst part was the horrible feeling of having to "go" but i didnt want to push because of the pain! I would seriously sit on the toilet and cry! I told the nurses and they gave me stool softeners and eventually that helped. I would def see about taking an OTC version like someone else mentioned. Good luck girl, I have been in that same boat!
    Nluvwitasailor

Answer by Nluvwitasailor at 9:02 AM on Sep. 23, 2008