What can I do in South Florida with my English In-Laws?

My in-laws are coming over from England for their first time in America. We live in Boca Raton and we have no idea what they can do for the week before they go to the theme parks in Orlando. Any suggestions?

P.S. They are also coming with my husband's 10 yr old sister.

COgle3

Asked by COgle3 at 5:13 PM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Entertainment

• i don't live there..but maybe take them to the beach, and any touristy shops? are there any history museums, or a zoo or aquarium?
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 5:14 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I have no idea what is in Boca Raton or what that is even close to. In St. Augustine is a fun place to go with lots to do. Tampa has a big zoo and Bush Gardens. You could find a local zoo to go to or a water park.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 5:15 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• How far is Boca Raton from Naples? You could go to Downtown Naples, it's gorgeous with a lot of shops. Also, try Ft. Myers, Downtown Ft. Myers is awesome.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 5:28 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I love all the suggestions to go somewhere else. Just shows how boring Boca is. I guess they'll just have to go to the beach and my 3 month old and I will have to hang out at home looking out the window haha.
    COgle3

Answer by COgle3 at 5:35 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I googled fun things to do in boca raton, fl and found some things. Check out this site:

http://attractions.uptake.com/florida/boca_raton/239851720.html
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 8:54 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• its fl. beach, and picnics. as for his sister try a few malls and a good sushi place
    LotusBlossom21

Answer by LotusBlossom21 at 11:23 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I live in Boca also-not a lot to do but try MetroZoo, the beach-Spanish River is best, Sawgrass Mills, go out on a dritt boat, take the 10 yo to Boomers. Go see a movie at the Palace (take them to one at the Premier section), the science museum in West Palm. Hope this helps
    bocamom62

Answer by bocamom62 at 3:25 PM on Apr. 27, 2009

• Thanks! That answer was a lot more on track than the previous one haha...totally forgot about Boomers,thanks!!!
    COgle3

Answer by COgle3 at 10:22 AM on Apr. 29, 2009

• Also, air boat ride in the Everglades, a Marlins game if they ever come home, Parrot Jungle, Miami Seaquarium, the Jungle Queen (sightseeing cruise on the Intracoastal-includes a meal), can't think of anything else.
    bocamom62

Answer by bocamom62 at 4:11 PM on Apr. 30, 2009