sports to much???

in my town if your not good in sports you dont rate.well my daughter isnt.it seems to becoming a grade divided.the kids who made the travel soccer team and the kids who didnt.and so on.i have no problem with the kids that made it ok i am a little jelous.my daughter is a nice little girl who doesnt rate because of her lack of sports abilities.in high school the teams are all ranked number 1.i this this is over scholastics.its really a town divided.whose pretty who drives the biggest car.whos kids are in the most sports.believe me we are not challenged and i really feel bad for those who dont have as much.but with us you would never no it.those who live in the new houses in the north part of town rule the school.i am older than the other moms.but i feel so left out.and so does my child.please dont say put her in girl scouts i am the leader and that doesnt seem to matter.whats you opinion???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:21 PM on Apr. 23, 2009 in General Parenting

• That is not just your town mom. Its everywhere. You have to find a way to raise a dd who can stand on her own and not follow the crowd or let popularity poles rule her life.

Its HARD to do this. I know. But you cant change the town, only how you react to it.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 5:23 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• ya your right and she is not following the crowd she really doesnt even realize what the situation is.she has special needs but no big deal.she doesnt care if she is popular but she mentioned on the bus the other day that her friend was being bullied and she did not like to see this.so i guess you could really say this is my problem and not hers???and different advice.i am doing my best really.
    raineydays377

Answer by raineydays377 at 5:33 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• tell her to show them she doesnt care. get her into reading. and maybe an unorthodox sport. try swimming. if nothing else know that in a few years at college she will be the cool kid. because she had to be creative. and having her tough it out will be better because she will know how to work harder at something. until then hold her if she needs to cry and let her yell when she needs to.
    LotusBlossom21

Answer by LotusBlossom21 at 11:20 PM on Apr. 23, 2009