Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does anyone know of any Grants that help Moms with going back to School?

I am looking at going back to school after 20 years, and I am searching for Grants or Scholarships to help me with that.

Answer Question

Asked by Hrt4god at 5:21 PM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Money & Work

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (5)
  • Go to your local education website, or even the college you're considering. The financial aid section should list what scholarships and/grants are available...........and there are A LOT for moms. Also, fill out the FAFSA, you would probably qualify for the Pell Grant (which you don't have to pay back and can use for ANYTHING)

    Answer by TheDiva320 at 5:24 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

  • Also, make an appointment to speak with a financial aid advisor at your local college, they can tell you exactly which ones you qualify for.

    Answer by TheDiva320 at 5:24 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

  • Definitely do your fasfa! It worked for me. I got 1200 for each semester. It can be used at any accredited college/university

    Answer by Mommy2Mariah at 5:38 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

  • Step One, fill out the FAFSA online. Then talk to the college. Of course, there is stuff available, you just have to apply.

    Answer by Anonymous at 5:50 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

  • Your first stepshould be to contact the financial aid office of the school that you wish to attend. The best general site for scholarships is here: You should also contact your members of Congress (state and federal).

    Answer by rkoloms at 1:49 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.