• In the Spotlight:

is there a way to get my eye to stop twitching?

My eye has been twitching on and off (more on) for about 5 days now.... its driving me crazy. anyone have an idea on how to get it to stop?

Precious333

Asked by Precious333 at 5:31 PM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Health

• sleep! Usually uncontrollable muscle spasms in the face are due to stress and lack of sleep. Take a hot bubble bath and go to bed early tonight! I had a twitch in my eye for over a month a while back. It only went away when I quit my extremely stressful job and got some good sleep.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 5:34 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• ohhh I wish I could... my ds has been keeping me up at night... stress I think I'm getting better at that.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 5:37 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Stress is a big factor. Is there anything that's causing you extra stress? Try to find some time to relax if possible. (Sometimes hard to do - I know).
    Live2Camp

Answer by Live2Camp at 5:38 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Sleep! Minimize stress..Decrease caffeine, drink more water. Exercise. Those are just a few things that may help.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 5:38 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• ooh.... that's right, caffeine and water, too! I just read an article about this but can't remember which magazine it was in and my memory sucks! Good luck.... it's so annoying!!!
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 6:08 PM on Apr. 23, 2009