Give me your weight loss success story!

Hey lady's. I had a baby a year ago, I have a husband and a full time job. I just can't find the time to exercise all that often. My husband has a second job and I have my baby girl who won't go to bed anytime before 9:00pm and by that time I'm so worn out. Can you help me with some idea's on how to shed the pounds. Thanks in advance.

mrsmendoza2006

Asked by mrsmendoza2006 at 5:32 PM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Health

• I lost 17 pounds in 3 weeks off TruChocolate, I have two kids and my husband works all day and then I am in school so I can never find time to do anything. I started eating TruChocolate and am still losing weight eating it 10mins before each meal! Go to www.yeschocolate.info to find out about it or message me on here and I will tell you everything. I love it, it really works!!
    VasquezFamily

Answer by VasquezFamily at 5:34 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• did you really use 17 pounds or you just saying that to earn money?
    Mommy2Mariah

Answer by Mommy2Mariah at 5:36 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Regardless if it actually worked or not, 17lbs in 3 weeks is NOT healthy weight loss. Healthy weight loss is up to 2 lbs for the first 3-4 weeks, and 1lb a week after that.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 5:42 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Well thats not entirely true, your body fluxuates between 2-5 pounds a day, so only expecting to lose 2-3 in a week is off.
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 5:43 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Haha Mommy2Mariah..I was wondering the same thing.
    Anonymous

• I used an online calculator to figure out just how many calories I really need-- just type in basal metabolism and you'll figure out what your body needs in a single day to maintain the present body weight. Then add in the stuff you normally do in a day-- i.e. I sit in my office chair for 6 hours. Then calculate the total calories you need every day to maintain your present weight.

Next figure that you want to lose about 1-2 pounds a week, so you will need to reduce food intake by 3500 calories per pound over the course of the week. So, if you want to lose 1 pound/week, you need to eat 500 calories less per day, or burn off 500 calories.

I kept a food journal and wrote down everything I ate, and avoided eating more than 1600 calories a day. It took me a while, but I lost 15 pounds and down to the weight I wanted. Of course, as soon as I did, I became pregnant, and now I'm gaining it all back!
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 6:13 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Hello! I had 18 pounds to shed after the birth of my third child to get to my pre-pregnancy weight and 25lbs to get where I wanted to be. I used the yummy Cinch protein products to lose the weight. I had either a bar or a shake for breakfast and lunch and a normal dinner. It took me about 4 months to lose the weight. I did it without exercising. I like to run, but don't have the time with three kids, 6 yrs, 3 years, and 7 months. If you want more info you can check out www.cinchplan.com/richert. I hope you find a something that helps you meet your weight goals.
    MeganKay1977

Answer by MeganKay1977 at 10:01 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I've lost about 22lbs over the last 2yrs. I used an on-line calorie calculator to get started and really kept track of everything I put in my mouth. I ate tons of calories! I work-out for 45min-1hr/5days a week at home using DVDs. I'm 36yrs old mom of 4kids and it wasn't and isn't easy. I have to watch serving sizes at mealtimes, not snacking on crap, and plan for my sweet snacks! I'm chocaholic, so I've started buying Trader Joe's dark chocolate bar and only eating a square or two at a time. And minimizing my alcohol consumption. There's a lot you can do, but the biggest is to be disciplined if you are really serious about weight loss. Start a plan, stick to it, and be diligent! YOU CAN LOSE THE WEIGHT!!! beck4mom
    beck4mom

Answer by beck4mom at 9:09 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I have usually gone with watching calories. Check out Calorie Count as a website. They show all kinds of food, and you can input recipes to figure out the nutritional facts on ALL your food. Also, it has a colric burn even on something as minor as walking around the house, or doing the laundry.
    anasark

Answer by anasark at 12:41 PM on Aug. 18, 2009