TEEN PREGNANCY and CPS. I need HELP FAST! What should i do?

I'm 16, i turn 17 on May 11th. My daughter's due on the 27th of the same month. I'm a CPS runaway and i'm SO worried that CPS will try to take Anna. I thought to myself, "..They couldn't possibly take her without a reason.." Like, if there were drugs in my system, or hers, i'd expect them to become involved. I don't do drugs though. And she's going to be in a VERY safe environment. I'm from Pampa and thought about delivering in another town to try to avoid the whole situation. I need some help. .. some thoughts.. or something to just make me feel a little better. HELP!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:41 PM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• First of all whats CPS?
    LucasMama08

Answer by LucasMama08 at 5:45 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• child protection services
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 5:45 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Hmm well I don't know much on the judicial system and how they deal with CPS runaways but I do know that they will never take a child from their mother unless they feel the child is in danger or is being mistreated or cannot be cared for correctly. But you are a minor so I don't know how that all works. Sorry I'm not much of a help.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 5:46 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• CPS is child protective service, but they can't take your child away without a reason, but they might make you go back to your parents!!
    Anonymous

• maybe you should go back and face reality before it gets worse. at least you'll know what's ahead of you.
    summerdaile

Answer by summerdaile at 5:48 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• honey, just out of curiosity, how can you know your child will be in a safe enviornment? do you have a job? how are you planning on taking care of your child? i think your best bet is to probably go back to where you were in the first place, it is safe there at least. IF they try to take your baby away from you you can go from there, but i don't see that happening unless they decide you are an unfit mother, and running away w/o a job or someone to help would just prove that is true.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 5:48 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• If you ran away for a good reason (ie abuse) then you should explain to CPS. You are going to be a mom very soon and need to start handling things instead of running away from them. I'm not trying to be mean and I really do wish you the best of luck. I'm sure they won't take her away unless you give them a reason to.
    vicki136

Answer by vicki136 at 5:49 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• And Anon: 4:45 you sure are quick to judge without even knowing the whole situation. How in the world do you know that they baby would be better off without her? Are you just saying this because she is young? I would love to know the whole story but I am giving her the benefit of the doubt that she had a legitimate reason for running away. Its too bad you couldn't be supportive since that's all she really wanted.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 5:49 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I know how the CPS system works... and i would have been in care til i was 18 and they wouldve seperated me from my baby. Things are stupid in places like that. Like, they have a no boundaries rule, so i wouldn't be able to hold her when i wanted to. And when i DID age out of care, they said i couldnt take my baby with me. So pretty much, they wouldve kept her til court and sll kinds of shit.

I just know how they work. I was supposed to be back home LAST year, but the case worker kept putting it off and stuff. They lie. They had no reason to remove me from my family in the first place. I haven't seen my little brother in almost 2 years. He's somewhere in Houston, where i can't talk to him. I don't know if he's okay or anything. .
    angieliquemarie

Answer by angieliquemarie at 5:56 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Hmm. i COULD just as easily say, "I'm sure your children would be better off without you too, 5:45."

You don't know me. AT ALL.

That's all i have to say.
    Anonymous