im 5 days late i need help figuring my cycle out and seeing if its possible that im pregnant

okay so i had my last period march 21st. i ovulated on april 9th i believe which i think would be 5 days later than i usually do. i took a test yesterday and it was negative. so if i ovulated 5 days late would that make me start later? and if i was pregnant would it of been to early to test yesterday. from what i understand you can test a test 2 weeks after you ovulate. so if i took a test yesterday it would of been a day too soon, im just really confused right now, i havent been this late for 5 months and that was from a previous miscarriage. please give me your advice. thanks!

Marah2008

Asked by Marah2008 at 6:01 PM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You could be pregnant. You'd want to wait at least 7 days after your missed period to get an accurate (or more accurate) reading on an HPT. Worse comes to worse, you could go to the dr and have a blood test done, but I'd wait a couple more days and do an HPT again.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 6:06 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• You can ovulate at any time during your cycle and it won't affect when you start your period...assuming you have a regular cycle. As for the test, some women show up sooner than others on a test. I showed up 3 days before I was even supposed to start my period where as my friend didn't test positive until she was already 2 weeks late. I would wait a few more days test again. If another 3 or 4 days goes by and you still don't have a period you can test again or go and get a blood test done which is more accurate.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 6:08 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Didn't you and your bf split up? Now you have a new one and are ttc again? Take a test in a week
    Anonymous

• I really hope not. You have only been with this guy for 3 months. You should slow down a little.
    Anonymous

• um not that its any of your business but we were trying to be careful but one of our condoms broke. And have you been following my life or something? How would you know that i have been with him for 3 months and why are you posting anonymous? i dont really care who you are. its the internet okay not like your speaking to my face. My boyfriend and I do not want to even think about trying right now. like you said we have only been together for 3 months. Accidents happen. I will take responsibilty for our accident i we have to. Babies are blessings whether they were a accident or planned. I havent posted on here for a quite a few months about ttc. You should know that since your following my life story. but thanks for your input! i greatly appreciated it. oh and I thank you for jumping to conclusions.
    Marah2008

Answer by Marah2008 at 6:23 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I don't follow your life hun. I gave you advice when you were TTC before, I didn't see you ask any for a while..when you posted this I clicked, view answers....simple!
    Anonymous

• so why is it a big deal to make sure you post anon? i dont report people or anything i would just like to know who would be saying this?
    Marah2008

Answer by Marah2008 at 6:34 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I post anon b/c I don't want people to google my name and read everything I write.
    Anonymous

• You had sex (with a man you haven't known very long), your chosen form of birth control failed and you're now 5 days late for your period.

What do you think? Is there a chance you're pregnant?

I think this is a no-brainer, but here goes...Yes, there is a chance you could be pregnant.
    Anonymous

• okay this is ridiculous, i didnt come here for people to judge me! I thought this was a support site for people to get friendly advice but i guess I am wrong, No one knows my background. I have known this guy for 8 months. I havent been with him for that long but I have known him for awhile. Karma sucks and someday all you people might be in the same situation so I wouldnt say anymore.
    Marah2008

Answer by Marah2008 at 7:50 PM on Apr. 23, 2009