Am I wierd, or would you do this?

Is it really that strange to help someone out, even if you don't know them. For those of you who saw the question from the other Mom asking someone to call Poison Control, that's what's driving my question. If you had the opportunity to help someone out, no matter how big or small........AND you didn't know the person at all (and would probably never meet them) would you help or just not? And why or why not?

TheDiva320

Asked by TheDiva320 at 6:12 PM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Probably not unless I knew them to be a real person. There is nothing on here to indicate that a person is real and legit, so I definately would not on here.
    Anonymous

• i think that was really nice of you and maby i would do it to but i just dont know everything is easier said than done.
    chukuku

Answer by chukuku at 6:18 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• If I was sure it wasn't a prank, yeah I would help. That's just the way we old folks were taught.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:26 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Of course! In any way I can. So long as I know the need was valid.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:29 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Such typical Americans.
    Won't help anyone but yourselves, or if it had some sort of payback for you.
    Can't just help someone out of being nice can you?

Now not ALL Americans are like this but when I came to the states for a visit, I remember being pushed out of the way when looking at things, people have no manners, you can't even do a simple "hello" to a passing stranger on the street without worrying if they're going to call the cops on you.. I remember I dropped my purse and all my stuff fell out of it, and not ONE single person stopped to help me gather my things..they just walked all over my make-up, wallet, even my camera!
    Geez, learn some manners, not everyone is out to get you.
    Anonymous

• We are typical Americans and yet YOU didn't help either whatever.

Can you tell me what question you are talking about? I did a search and the only one I could find was the one that was titled OMG???

Was that the one? because someone helped her and she picked a best answer already.
    violaswamp

Answer by violaswamp at 6:45 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• The question was titled "Poison Control"
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 6:52 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I would help someone in real life, but not over the Internet. I help people out sometimes, sometimes not. It's a case by case thing, because you never know if the person is for real. Some people say their car broke down and they need gas, but they just want your money. Other times people do need help, so you just have to try and sort out who is censear. I have no idea what poison control question you are talking about though. But if someone is on the Internet, on cafe mom, couldn't they call poison control themselves? If they don't have a phone 911 has ways to contact online, or run to the neighbors. Taking the time to post a question and wait for answers, would lead me to believe the question was fake. If anyone was poisoned I don't think they would take the time to do all that.

MomOfJandM

Answer by MomOfJandM at 6:57 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• It was the same girl that posted the OMG question and yes I would have called for her as well.

It makes no difference to me if they are a real person or not, I would do it. She probably was very scared for her baby and since she didn't have a phone really needed help. She even put up the ingredients so why would anyone think that wasn't real?

Anyway I would have helped her even if there was no benefit to me.
    violaswamp

Answer by violaswamp at 7:01 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Yes. I have before several times and would be very happy to do it again. It's karma...I would want someone to do the same for me if I was in a rough spot.
    TeaAndrews

Answer by TeaAndrews at 8:19 PM on Apr. 23, 2009