My diabetic level is 151, is that high?

My sister checked it for me. Anyone have diabetes or knows someone with diabetes?

diamondmamma

Asked by diamondmamma at 6:13 PM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Health

• I,ve been a diabetic since 1998, I take pills and insulin.yes it is high,check with your dr and hopefully you may only need to be on a diet[low carb foods] and watch the sweets and portions.everyone is different and all our answers will be different.Get to the dr and see what he/she says,good luck with this,I pray for you you are not because being a diabetic can suck sometimes.
    Anonymous

• Do you mean blood-sugar level?
    Anonymous

• how long after eating was it 151. And are you pregnant. I had gestational diabetes but still have to check it make sure i don't have type 2 diabetes. The doctor told me that if your pregnant, your blood sugar level should be lower than if your not. But it should be about 120 if it's been 2 hours since eating. Or 140 an hour after eating. If your fasting and just woke up it should be about 90 or under. But if your not pregnant and fasting it should be under 100, and 2 hours after eating it should be about 140. Hope this helps a little. If you have more questions, feel free to message me.
    FinleyFirst

Answer by FinleyFirst at 6:30 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Yes, that is high. My doctor told me that it needs to be between 80 and 100. Talk to your doctor.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:22 PM on Apr. 23, 2009