have you thought about canceling you cable?

I have noticed that everyshow that i watch i can watch online. Thank You www.hulu.com So i am thinking about cancleing our cable to save that money. We have Direct Tv with and HD DVR so we would be saving about $75.00 per month. What do you think about this. We have netflix and when my family all sets down together then thats what we watch. What do you think and have you thought about doing this yourself.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:15 PM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Entertainment

• yes and i did years ago. I have not given those blood suckers money in years and never regretted it. I can watch whatever I want online for free.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:36 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I canceled my cable over a year ago. We just buy our fave movies on DVD, or download them ;-)
    We also have a long list of websites, we'll watch all our TV shows and newer movies online also. I LOVE the internet. :-D hehe
    Plus our internet is only $19 a month for Meg5 or whatever, and we used to pay $75 for cable and internet together. Sooooo worth it to cut it off, IMO!
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 7:24 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• My husband and I have never had cable - we've been married for 11 years. It was just an expense we never needed. We don't watch much tv and what we do want to see we can watch online.
    the3jsandme

Answer by the3jsandme at 8:57 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• We will not get it hooked up when we move. I can't see the point in spending $80 or more a month on a few channels when I can watch it all online, or most of it anyway..
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:07 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• What cable?

Answer by rkoloms at 1:14 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• We cancelled our cable last summer and planned on getting it back in the fall....well we still haven't. We got one of those DTV boxes and get all the local channels plus two cable channels, for free!! :-)
    two_princesses

Answer by two_princesses at 2:18 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• Yes, my husband and I have discussed extensively about cancelling our Dish Network and getting the digital converter to watch local channels. And we have a Blockbuster online membership. It would save us almost $50/month to cancel Dish. But for some reason, we haven't gone through with it. And I don't think we will. I will miss HGTV and my husband will miss Cartoon Network. Once you have luxury stuff like satellite/cable, you never want to go back (to non-cable)! I wish we can pay for these two channels individually but that's not an option. Maybe one day we'll do it. It's so hard to give up satellitel TV.
    starandseen

Answer by starandseen at 3:52 AM on Apr. 26, 2009