IDK what this is.... Do you?

I have had vaginal discharge that looked like cottage cheese several times before but never thought anything of it. Well I had it earlier this month & my curiosity got the better of me. It had an elastic stretch to it, yet looked like cottage cheese. Anybody know what this means?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:16 PM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• OP--You said you've noticed this before and this month just noted the consistency of it. Does it occur around the middle of your cycle--perhaps two weeks before your period? If so, it could be you're producing your normal fertile fluid indicating that you're close to ovulation. Mine was more like eggwhite--clear, slippery and stretchy--and I always had greater sexual urges during that time.
    TexaBamaBaby

Answer by TexaBamaBaby at 12:45 PM on Apr. 24, 2009

• it's a yeast infection
    WhatevaItTakes

Answer by WhatevaItTakes at 6:20 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• i agree with pp, its probably a yeast infection, do you also have itching in the vaginal area. If this is your first yeast infection they recommend going to the dr. to be sure, but if after that you ever have one again you can treat with over the counter Monistat. they say to go to the doctor the first time because it could be something else and they dont want you to treat it as a yeast infection if it's not.
    Rngrad_2006

Answer by Rngrad_2006 at 6:29 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• l have no itching, no burning, no redness, no swelling, etc. whatsoever. lt's not yellow, nor is it snow white, it's a light white.
    Anonymous

• Cottage cheese = infection.
    Anonymous

• I HAVE NO INFECTION!!!!! Jesus! I am comparing it by appearance! What part did you not understand by my response to the question I was asked?
    Anonymous

• Ok I have never had cottage cheese looking discharge, even with a yeast or urinary track infection so I would be calling my doctor asap. Expecially since you are having no syptoms.GL
    Anonymous

• My only symtom is that I want more sex. I know that its overshare & very blunt, but it's the truth!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:04 AM on Apr. 24, 2009