Going back to work soon... Any advice?

So I just had my first child about 8 weeks ago. I have 2 more weeks off before I have to return back to work full time. I"m already starting to stress over it. Any advice on how to deal with the anxiety of returning back to work and leaving the baby with a sitter?

oldpoohbear

Asked by oldpoohbear at 6:41 PM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I had to go back to work when my son was 7 weeks. A friend of mine is watching him for me. It's hard to leave him. I call her several times a day but she also texts me pics of him through out the day so I can' "see" him. Maybe yours could do that same?
    vicki136

Answer by vicki136 at 6:43 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Well... what made it easier for me is I asked my mom to come and stay my first week back. I felt more comfotable leaving him with her than with a sitter. The next week I was more used to going to work and more comfortable leaving him.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 6:50 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I use the same daycare I have been using for 6 years so that has helped. I go on my lunch to nurse him and play with him. I agree with vicki136, see if you can call and check up on him, etc.
    legalmom343

Answer by legalmom343 at 7:07 PM on Apr. 23, 2009