have you ever washed you kids mouth with soap?

http://www.momlogic.com/2009/04/soap_in_mouth.php

I have done this before after my son would not saying things that he was told more then once was an ugly word. he was a month from turning 4 and 100% knew he was not supposed to say that word.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:00 PM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Relationships

• Sure have...he's never done it again either. My mom did it to us 1x and we never repeated lol
    Anonymous

• Yes I have done that. My daughter has picked up some things from school and if I tell her I don't want to here it and I do again I wash her mouth out with soap. It stops the behavior.
    Anonymous

• No, but I threatened to. Had it done when I was younger one time for cursing and I never did again till I turned 18 and then I cursed like a sailor.

Anonymous

• Yes ma'am. I used to do it quite often.. Of course, my parents did it to me too. It's totally okay and no kid ever died from it yet.
    Anonymous

• I would never do that. I think there are better ways to get across to children what is acceptable behavior. I don't spank, so I'm certainly not going to shove soap in my kids mouth.
    Anonymous

• my child isnt born yet but my ma did it to me and it worked
    momatonly16

Answer by momatonly16 at 7:03 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• yes i have and still do although my mom don't like me to do it but it does make her obey time outs don't
    Anonymous

• if it works than do it, like someone said no one has died from it
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 7:18 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Once and only once. Never have had to do it since. It worked obviously. He doesn't back talk anymore.
    Anonymous

• now why would you guys do that? you've seen a Christmas Story. you KNOW it causes blindness. lol. j.k.
    i really only thought people did that in the movies. its funny to hear that you guys did it. i never have.
    BubbysMom208

Answer by BubbysMom208 at 8:17 PM on Apr. 23, 2009