Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Seriously! How can we play outside without every unsupervised child coming over?

I live in a trailer park. I am running out of excuses to ward off these much older kids that want to play with my 3 1/2 yr old. One in particular who gets mean and ended up trick or treating with us cuz his parents just sent him out alone. He's maybe 6 or 7. I feel like a daycare! This kid can he here for 4 hours and nobody comes looking for him. I have seen him out wandering other peoples yards playing with all the toys. He tries inviting other kids here. He don't speak that well. I asked his name but not sure. A girl called him Jed I swore he said it was Trent. What's the boundary here? I don't know what to do.


Asked by BubbysMom208 at 7:30 PM on Apr. 23, 2009 in General Parenting

Level 1 (0 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (9)
  • the people at our play ground are they same way. I'll take my son down to the park and the kids parents go back to their house and leave their kids out. I had to help one off the monkey bars because he was freaking out and almost busted his noggin open. I know they all live within viewing distance of the park, but still!

    irritates me too that people try to take advantage of the actual responsible adults in society. it may take a village to raise a child, but dammit the parents should do their part too! ok. I'm done with my rant. sorry.

    Answer by MythicMMM at 7:40 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

  • Do you know where he lives? If so , I would go and talk to his parents or at least tell him that he needs to ask before he just comes over. That's really sad that he is not supervised and that he is just allowed to roam around.

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:36 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

  • imop - report to cps - he needs someone to took out for him

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:37 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

  • If I were you I would ask him to show you his toys... That way you can see where he lives and maybe meet his family. Tell his mum your concerned. If she doesnt seem like the type that will listen, call child welfare. But maybe his mom knows he's at your house and isnt worried. I know it's a pain having a unwelcomed child around 24/7, but maybe he has no one else. If so deal with it, may not seem like your problem, but in the end he is just a little boy. I am worried he has no one.. check in and see. Than do somthing about it. It could be a simple fix, talking to his mom, or you may have to call someone. Good Luck and try to remember he's there with you cause he feels safe, kids migrate to those people.

    Answer by ashley_hatty at 7:45 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

  • i haven't heard of his mom at all. when he tagged along trick or treating a lady asked him where his dad was. i know he lives here somewhere with his grandmother. thats all i gathered so far. he knocks on everyones doors asking for their kids. its almost every damn day. i cant walk outside without him being there asking what i am doing. i try to brush him off. it's getting so old. i wont invite him in cuz he might think he can all the time.

    Answer by BubbysMom208 at 7:56 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

  • IMO I think you should just call CPS, I am pretty sure you can do this anon and his parents probably wont even know who called, its very sad though that he is unsupervised and out alone like that all the time, what if something was to ahppen to him?

    Answer by hautemama83 at 7:59 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

  • FYI- i also heard there was a sex offender who moved here last year. i keep looking on the website but i cant find him. i heard from my aunt who was not happy to hear he is on her side of the park. he was accused of little boys. i would feel terrible if something happened to this kid since he is so trusting. that was another concern.

    Answer by BubbysMom208 at 8:06 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

  • I would definately ask him where he lives and talk to his parents.
    Sounds dangerous to me.

    Answer by MandyOs at 8:31 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

  • Walk him home and tell his parents that you are not their babysitter and they need to watch him. Better yet, tell them you found him walking around alone and if you see him alone again you are calling CPS.

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:05 PM on Apr. 23, 2009