What age can children have dairy products? (Not milk, other products)

I am making a casserole tonight that has sour cream and cheese in it, can my 7.5 month old eat this with us or will I have to make something else?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:35 PM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I know they can have yogurt and kefir at about 6 mo. so I think you are okay. I feed my 9 mo olds gerber mac'n'cheese
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 7:38 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• Good question. I make mashed potatoes, with a little milk in it and have been giving them to my son for a couple weeks now. He is just over 8 months old. I often wonder, knowing they aren't to have milk until a year old....but have seen that YoBaby yogurt and wondered if they are to be eating that before a year. I made pasta today for him to chew around with today....when he wakes from his nap.....first time. Guess sometimes you just have to try things out and follow your gut.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 7:38 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• My doctor said 9 months
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 8:34 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• I think we started cheese at about 7 months, and just kind of went from there...
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 9:21 PM on Apr. 23, 2009