i need help! i gae birth 7 months ago and it still hurts when i sit down...

the paint is so bad, it feels like its my coccyx (tail bone) that is hurting. it might be something to do with the fact that my son was born with his head facing the ceiling which makes the head wider to push out.also sometimes when i go for a number 2 it hurts and bleeds and i never feel that i have finished!!im so embaressed about it and i cant bare going to the doctors but it has been so long that im thinking maybe i could be risking my health by not doing anything!please help!x

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:55 PM on Apr. 23, 2009 in Health

• Okay, the pain and bleeding with bowel movements is probably from hemmroids. Are you constipated? Make sure to take in AT LEAST 25 grams of fiber EVERY DAY. That will help with the hemmeroids.

As for the pain in the coxyx, it might be that your tailbone broke during your birth. That happens rarely, but sometimes. It could just be a bone bruise, which takes a long time to heal. Is it sharp pains or dull pains? Is it constant or is it just a quick jab when you sit down and then it's fine? Do you have any pain in your pereneum or vagina? Any pain during sex? Are you breast feeding? Has your period returned yet?

Sorry, that's a barrage of questions... let me know if I can help :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 8:00 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• My sister broke her tailbone when her son was born. Go to the doctor. You could have broken yours.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 9:00 PM on Apr. 23, 2009

• my daughter was 5 weeks early and at 22 weeks pregnant she dropped into my pelvis and she broke my tailbone.. she is now 7 months old and i still have pain in my tailbone.. the doctor said there isnt much they can do about tailbone pain.. as for the bleeding when you have a bowel movement.. i have the same thing also.. i had anal fissures and severe hemmeroids.. they hurt alot and its even worse with the tailbone pain.. my doctor gave me some pain killers and stool softeners.. if you dont think its those things it could be an STD or it could be something is wrong with your colon so go to the doctor.. im a nursing student and trust me.. people go to the doctor for alot grosser things then your problem.. doctors see it ALL day long and its their job.. they enjoy doing it and they dont think its gross at all.. so please go to the doctor.. you can also call your local hospital and talk to a nurse 24 hours a day
    casper4991

Answer by casper4991 at 1:09 AM on Apr. 24, 2009